• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New member, old Oakley wearer

Dilznik

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I've been wearing Oakleys since I got my first Frogskins in 1991. Other than a couple of pairs of Ray Bans and a Maui Jim along the way, I've worn Oakleys the whole time (and concurrently with my Ray Bans and Maui Jims).

My all time favorites were the Hatchet Wires. I had two pair and both broke in the same place. This little crummy plastic piece in the hinge mechanism. Second favorites are Square Wire 2.0. I had two but lost one (only sunglasses I've lost in my entire life, I was so bummed). When they were scratched up I bought the last pair of replacement lenses from the Hollywood shop.

I still have a bunch of Oakleys, some never worn like the <edit, this might not be right: X-Men edition> Penny that Cyclops wore in the first or second movie, some well worn like an old pair of Juliets with a chip out of the lens where they saved me from losing an eye on my motorcycle.

That's about it!

edit: after posting, I don't think those Pennys were anything limited with X-men. I think it was the matte grey with Ruby lens or something. I do remember wearing them exactly once and they gave me a headache from the color so I put them back in the box and that was that.
Also I just found the Juliets I was mentioning and saw that I replaced the chipped green lenses with orange ones. It looks tight! Maybe I should wear them sometime...

Last edited:
Welcome home Oaddict :) Now you are officially ill, here we will be able to deal with our situation with people who suffer the same problem Lollll but wait .... I'm sorry but we do not accept boat as a pet, hahaha you can not put rayban and Maui winged oakley in the same sentence :lol:.....

.... Out joke... welcome to the forum.

:drinks:

Hi,
I've been wearing Oakleys since I got my first Frogskins in 1991. Other than a couple of pairs of Ray Bans and a Maui Jim along the way, I've worn Oakleys the whole time (and concurrently with my Ray Bans and Maui Jims).

My all time favorites were the Hatchet Wires. I had two pair and both broke in the same place. This little crummy plastic piece in the hinge mechanism. Second favorites are Square Wire 2.0. I had two but lost one (only sunglasses I've lost in my entire life, I was so bummed). When they were scratched up I bought the last pair of replacement lenses from the Hollywood shop.

I still have a bunch of Oakleys, some never worn like the X-Men edition Penny that Cyclops wore in the first or second movie, some well worn like an old pair of Juliets with a chip out of the lens where they saved me from losing an eye on my motorcycle.

That's about it!
Welcome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's a family shot since going and looking at the Penny made me think I should take these out of the closet, minus the Square Wire 2.0 which is in the car that my wife is driving around right now.

Top to bottom, left to right: Half Jacket, another Half Jacket, Half Wire (blacked out military edition), the old money clip wallet that I've been using for maybe 15 years and it's falling apart (*sob), Juliet, M-Frame Alpha Halo with spare lens, Conductor 8, Half Wire 2.0, Penny, Hatchet (just ordered a frame off Fleabay for my third attempt at having a non-broken pair), Blender.

bdnxpx.jpg

Here's a family shot since going and looking at the Penny made me think I should take these out of the closet, minus the Square Wire 2.0 which is in the car that my wife is driving around right now.

Top to bottom, left to right: Half Jacket, another Half Jacket, Half Wire (blacked out military edition), the old money clip wallet that I've been using for maybe 15 years and it's falling apart (*sob), Juliet, M-Frame Alpha Halo with spare lens, Conductor 8, Half Wire 2.0, Penny, Hatchet (just ordered a frame off Fleabay for my third attempt at having a non-broken pair), Blender.

View attachment 439734
Nice collection and :welcome:

Back