• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Airbrakes Goggles

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Hey saw this in the new release thread in the Sunglasses area, so I figured I would post it in here. They look sweet! Oakley just announced the Airbrake Sunglasses!

bah7cgkkigw0njb4mjmwaqt.jpg

On the eve of the Winter X Games, Oakley hosted an exclusive media event where the future of snow goggle technology was unveiled by Shaun White. Introducing Oakley Airbrake™, a performance goggle with an interchangeable lens design that helps you adapt to the environment and enjoy the best vision possible.

Airbrake features Oakley SwitchLock™ Technology which provides a fast and easy way to swap out the lens to help you adapt perfectly to any weather condition. A locking lever mechanism releases the mounted lens in the blink of an eye, and replacing the lens is as easy as placing the lens on the frame and snapping the SwitchLock™ lever shut.

The snow goggle will ship with two lens tints. Additional lens options are available, so no matter what the mountain has in mind, you’ll be able to keep up with changing light conditions and maximize both performance and safety.

Look for the all new Oakley Airbrake to be featured on some of the world’s best athletes at the Winter X Games. We have it on good word that Shaun White and Jossi Wells will be wearing them on the slopes.

The Airbrake Snow Goggle will be available in Fall 2011.

http://www.oakley.com/community/posts/2725

Last edited:
Those are super sweet, its going to make changing lenses 100x easier! For those of you who know its a pain in the butt! Nice find! Can't wait to see them in person!

Yeh seems like they are incorporating technology similar to the jawbones and fast jackets which is awesome! Seems very popular among athletes who are constantly changing lens' to fit conditions.

Ive seen a few colours of these beauties.. and yeah 100% easier to change lenses. There pretty much the same shape of the splice but with a more square look.

You will have to wait,, very light aswell by the way..

Maybe now I'll be able to get a pair of Splices for a bit cheaper. I just recently started skiing, but I've obviously gotta get all Oakley'd up first and foremost.

Dammit. I shouldn't have come into this thread. Now I want these.

Wish my Crowbar JP Auclair Tokyo Subway Edition had this quick switch technology. :sad:

The new Airbrake is a very welcome new technology. Changing SPlice and Crowbar lenses suck. And you always need to wear goggles and lenses that match your skiing gear so I change lenses everyday.....

Yeah...I'm a fashion addict :eek:)

You're so right nerd....but it is not more than two years ago that I started selling most of my Crowbars and the huge amount of lenses I had (including an extremely rare Ruby Clear Iridium lense) and began using Splice instead, building up a good inventory of frames and lenses....and now I have to start all over again..

OMG...will this never end? :eek:).......

Oh well - I guess it is my little contribution to end the Financial Crisis :eek:)

Back