• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Canteen Sunglasses

Oakleymans

Oakley Beginner
Launching the New Oakley Canteen Sunglasses at Sunglasses Hut on June 1st...Check out the vids below.

Dann from O-Review helped us out with one of them...if anyone from Oakley Forum does video product reviews, has a decent following and is interested reviewing Oakley products launching in SGH send me a direct message.

Canteen Digital Ad:

O-Review Vlog:

First the Valve, now this. I'm sure the designers will probably say "well you just don't understand" but how do people get past the obvious shift from bold and radical to...simple and repetitive? Both of the original pairs were awesome to at least look at, but now they're looking like cookie cutter frames.

ok my usual annoying question How is the fit for small medium heads that the straight Jacket and Flak fit perfectly...bigger like the tends or old school wrap the colors don't thrill me as someone who can wear polarized

ok my usual annoying question How is the fit for small medium heads that the straight Jacket and Flak fit perfectly...bigger like the tends or old school wrap the colors don't thrill me as someone who can wear polarized

The fit is pretty similar; Flak frame measurements are 58/22...Canteen is 60/16. So from temple to temple you are looking at a 4mm difference. Might even fit a little bit better.

The fit on them is perfect for small to medium heads. They're too narrow for big heads IMO.

The fit on them is perfect for small to medium heads. They're too narrow for big heads IMO.
According to the Sunglass Hut website, they should fit similarly to the new Valve, but the Valve has a larger temple size.

Canteen:
Style: Rectangle, Wrap
Frame material: Plastic
Lens material: Polycarbonate
Case Type: Hard
Eye Size: 60
Bridge/Temple Size: 16/122
Looks best on these face shapes: Oval, Round

Valve:
Style: Rectangle, Wrap
Frame material: Plastic
Lens material: Polycarbonate
Case Type: Pouch
Eye Size: 60
Bridge/Temple Size: 16/133
Looks best on these face shapes: Oval, Round

Wow. This company is starting to become a joke. It takes the designer numerous attempts to get the style of a frame he's regurgitating right? What bullsh!t.

According to the Sunglass Hut website, they should fit similarly to the new Valve, but the Valve has a larger temple size.

I've seen it too many times.... People go off of measurements hoping something will fit. There's nothing like physically having them in your hands to compare. I say they are better for smaller to medium heads because I am a hijinx/eyepatch/dispatch wearer. Here's a pic of the new canteen compared to an eyepatch 2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,962
Back