• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Canteen Sunglasses

$240 is to much. I'll take a polarized flak over a canteen everyday. Hell even a non polarized radarlock before a canteen.
Can you get Ruby Iridium Polarized or Jade Iridium Polarized in those models?

You have to take into account that $240 is only for the Ferrari Special Edition of the Canteens.

Polished Black with BIP is $190.

I respect your choice to go with the other models over the Canteen, but I have to ask if you've actually tried on the Canteen before making your decision?

Last edited:
I'm not bashing the (new) canteen. Sorry if it came off that way. Yes I have tried them on. They are just pretty basic, doesn't scream Oakley to me. Picture a full framed bottle rocket and that's it.

I'm not bashing the (new) canteen. Sorry if it came off that way. Yes I have tried them on. They are just pretty basic, doesn't scream Oakley to me. Picture a full framed bottle rocket and that's it.
Sweet. The Bottle Rocket is one of my favorite frames; it fits me very well. I know that Oakey / Lux hasn't produced any earth shattering designs in quite a while, and I honestly don't expect them to do so; Jim isn't involved anymore. Oakley isn't what it was and it may never be again. I love the brand and I support the new designs. After trying on some of the older designs, they look outdated to me, not current. Maybe that is the point, to stand out from the crowd. I'm not usually one to do what everyone else is doing, but I like the new valves on my face better than the monster dogs or the original XX Twenty. To each his own, right? :)

I think the Flaks are timeless tho. Not being able to wear polarized glasses really limits me ...was considering the vr 28 bl bottle rocket. Is it a snug fit like the Sj or flak. I agree a lille bit I sold all md and mp because they started to really feel dated ... Still like the Sj 2 though

I think the Flaks are timeless tho. Not being able to wear polarized glasses really limits me ...was considering the vr 28 bl bottle rocket. Is it a snug fit like the Sj or flak. I agree a lille bit I sold all md and mp because they started to really feel dated ... Still like the Sj 2 though
I cannot say how they will fit you. We both thought the Crankcase would be a good fit for you, but that turned out not to be the case.

If you want to see me in a Crankcase and me in a Bottle Rocket, that's the best I can do for you here. If at all possible, go try before you commit to buy.

Canteen has landed in Sunglass Hut!

upload_2014-6-5_12-52-50.png

Back