• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Owner Looking for Resources....

George Walker

Oakley Enthusiast
Is there a resource where I can learn what a viewer sees when looking through various lens tints?

I know trying them on in a store would work, but where I live there aren't many such options....

Thanks,

George

I didn't see it....and I've looked through the site.....

But that doesn't mean it couldn't there......

Last edited:
Yeah it's no longer on the website. Used to still be on other country's websites (like India's) but it's gone from there now, too.

It was just a simulation anyway.

They do still show a select number of tints, but not all of them.

I think there's some app out there that does that, though; can't remember what it's called.

Not an app, but there is a guy on you tube that does a really good review of all the lenses types - steveosunglasses. Shows the lenses from a looking at and looking through perspective.

I haven't looked to see if he has done any reviews of the new prizm line, but the rest are there. Here's a link to one of his videos

The app, on iOS at least, is called OakleyView. Doesn't really match up to what they actually look like but it's an indication.

yeah it sucks that the simulator is gone, albeit not the most accurate thing.

Best bet otherwise is a combo of checking it out and asking here. People here are pretty good at offering insight. I know, not really the best way to go about it, but unfortunately like the only way.

The Youtube videos were helpful and interesting.....

As a newcomer to Oakleys (I own 3 pair) I'm trying to learn more about them. In many ways, their website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of facts and information about the product.....JMHO
oakleyview app. shows different tints in different situations. ie driving, snow, water. etc.

I couldn't find that app on my iPhone 6.......

The Youtube videos were helpful and interesting.....

As a newcomer to Oakleys (I own 3 pair) I'm trying to learn more about them. In many ways, their website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of facts and information about the product.....JMHO

I couldn't find that app on my iPhone 6.......
I think they do it in purpose to keep the info at a minimum on their website ...

These are sunglasses tho, a fashion accessory; not a car. I'm sure the majority of the market cares very little about the 'how, what and why' of Oakleys. They just want to know 'how's it look on my face'

Most useful information can be found here, OF, Google or even You Tube...

Back