• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Turbine Sunglasses

@Protagonist in my opinion the lenses are pretty easy to swap
Can you show some pics on them. Maybe they gave you another model.
I got my Ruby and Sapphire fades from them too but from the Swedish site and they was BNIB and perfect

Will do, sorry, missed this message for some reason.

Did your box have the diagonal card in, to divide the box?
Only my ruby fades did.

Which makes me feel like they were customer returns (and left the card out)

They're definitely both saphire prizm fades, but different manufacture.

Will post some pics so we can compare if you like.

Cheers

Can you let me know if your Turbines fit in the hard case?

May get that instead, as plan to get some prescription Oakley's at some point and I understand they come with a soft case, which I would have otherwise bought.

Carbon vault (and to an extent the metal vault) seem nice for display use/indoor use, but they don't seem well suited to throwing in a bag.

But I've not handled them in person.
Will look at that when i get home

Can you let me know if your Turbines fit in the hard case?

May get that instead, as plan to get some prescription Oakley's at some point and I understand they come with a soft case, which I would have otherwise bought.

Carbon vault (and to an extent the metal vault) seem nice for display use/indoor use, but they don't seem well suited to throwing in a bag.

But I've not handled them in person.
DSC_0306.JPG DSC_0307.JPG DSC_0308.JPG Hi sorry for a late reply but here are some pics for you. It looks like they fit the square O hard case but it looked like a tight fit.
I still recommend the ballistic case with a zipper.
I also tested with the Carbon case that came with the Carbon Shift. I think its the large Carbon case i'm not sure about that but that didn't work.
The last pic is of Sapphire box and, as you said, it did not have a diagonal card. Not sure if that means it is a customer return

Thanks.

What tint did do your saphire prizms have?

I got another pair and they're also more rose based.

Seems the prizm universal base is more rose typically.

However having checked some videos, e.g. by Steve O (is he a member? - seems a real enthusiast), it seems that tint differences can really exist for some models:

So I think prizm saphire falls into that category.

I really like the more amber/gold base on my prizm saphire.
Contrast is amazing too. Reds and greens are super vibrant and really pop.

Unfortunately despite really liking the look of the frame and design, they're not an ideal fit for my nose. They slip a bit in use.
So despite being an active pair they're not great for that use case for me.

Back