• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley XMetals! Will Oakley make new metals?

Those are bad ass. Definitely not the ones I saw before.

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 12.53.27 AM.png

Since we are talking about a copy of the X-Metal glasses, what about 3D printing? They do it with Ti also
The price may not be acceptable yet and it may not be possible to find someone to do it because of the lawsuit's :p

I’d like to see that but having trouble finding the thread. Can you find it and link to it?
WHAT? Yes please, I would love to be hooked up with this guy as soon as possible. I am thinking about a custom design made for your head, made out of carbon fiber and may even introduce tech like where the temples are would be cameras linked to your iPhone. Making each pair completely one of a kind limited edition. These would not be mass produced, these would be anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000. These would be for the elite..

WHAT? Yes please, I would love to be hooked up with this guy as soon as possible. I am thinking about a custom design made for your head, made out of carbon fiber and may even introduce tech like where the temples are would be cameras linked to your iPhone. Making each pair completely one of a kind limited edition. These would not be mass produced, these would be anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000. These would be for the elite..
If there is a way to get those beautiful Carbon Fiber X-Metals - by all means!!!

Got some copy cats on the block, these look pretty fimilar

View attachment 659151

View attachment 659152

He actually came on here trying to do a startup for making these glasses, the nose bridge design is Oakley but there was no patents blocking him from making them, which was pretty much Oakley’s design
And that dude started his prices a 500 to 600 hundred starting

The nose bridge is ugly as sin with the screws on the front

He actually came on here trying to do a startup for making these glasses, the nose bridge design is Oakley but there was no patents blocking him from making them, which was pretty much Oakley’s design

Yeah, I figured he had to know something about xmetals, his inspiration anyways, yeah the nose is pretty ugly, I like the finish on the grey ones tho, it's either bead blasted or stonewashed, I'm trying to redo some XS with a stonewashed finish

😂😂

Yep that was him. And he wanted the forum to help fund his start up and Kronin had something to do with it also.

That thread was nuked but it was a fun one...

Latest Posts

Back