• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Old X-Metal Stock(?)

PWG

Oakley Enthusiast
To the experts. I keep hearing bits here and there about some recent (like late 2019/2020) old (in new condition) x-metal inventory that has surfaced. I had one eBayer also state that he procures his x-metals from communities where thousands of x-metals were sold back in the day that have surfaced.

Is this a myth, or did some Oakley employees uncover some deadstock that Luxotica told them to get rid of?

Inquiring minds want to know! I'd love to get some new XXs for a reasonable price that doesn't seem feasible these days, and it's hard to trust some of these eBayers. Cheers!

First never trust eBay sellers for what they say. Take it with a lot of doubt.

there has been some recent new old stock the last yewr two. About a year ago a bunch of warranty frames for XS popped up for pretty cheap. Supposedly they were found in a factory or something—not sure. I had boght two of those pairs and they were mint.

some of the sellers on the forum do have connections. I’m not entirely sure what those connections are but they sometimes will advertise their stuff they receive and resell as new old stock. Mars is an example of this. On case by case basis Members will differ in opinion on if it is “new”or “like new” etc.

I hope that helps.

First never trust eBay sellers for what they say. Take it with a lot of doubt.

there has been some recent new old stock the last yewr two. About a year ago a bunch of warranty frames for XS popped up for pretty cheap. Supposedly they were found in a factory or something—not sure. I had boght two of those pairs and they were mint.

some of the sellers on the forum do have connections. I’m not entirely sure what those connections are but they sometimes will advertise their stuff they receive and resell as new old stock. Mars is an example of this. On case by case basis Members will differ in opinion on if it is “new”or “like new” etc.

I hope that helps.

Great insight, and very interesting; thank you! If this find is just warranty frames (no lenses), that would explain why many resellers are stating new/mint frames, but aftermarket lenses. Or maybe you just meant that it's a warranty set, and I'm reading into too much.

I wonder if it's employees offloading these, or if they were sold in some aftermarket channel. Where did you buy your XSs from?

Wish I had some of these connections....heh.

Great insight, and very interesting; thank you! If this find is just warranty frames (no lenses), that would explain why many resellers are stating new/mint frames, but aftermarket lenses. Or maybe you just meant that it's a warranty set, and I'm reading into too much.

I wonder if it's employees offloading these, or if they were sold in some aftermarket channel. Where did you buy your XSs from?

Wish I had some of these connections....heh.
Each instance is diferent. The XS warranty frame example I referred to was a topic on the forum so there is some threads on it somewhere. That specific example it was just the frame and it didn’t even have a finished sku stamped on the arm but it had the beginning marks. Which is why it is believe they would be warranty frames. They did not come with lenses or a box. I bought mine for one of the resellers on eBay. They made a profit and I was happy with the bargain.

Each instance is diferent. The XS warranty frame example I referred to was a topic on the forum so there is some threads on it somewhere. That specific example it was just the frame and it didn’t even have a finished sku stamped on the arm but it had the beginning marks. Which is why it is believe they would be warranty frames. They did not come with lenses or a box. I bought mine for one of the resellers on eBay. They made a profit and I was happy with the bargain.

That's crazy...like they were told to "Stop what you're doing right now....don't even finish stamping that number on; this line of glasses is over!" No doubt that's not what happened, but the whole x-metal history is just crazy.

That's crazy...like they were told to "Stop what you're doing right now....don't even finish stamping that number on; this line of glasses is over!" No doubt that's not what happened, but the whole x-metal history is just crazy.
I’ll send a picture of it when I’m at home. I currently got stashed away in my steel vault 🤫

There is a guy that's been trying to sell me a Juliet Ducati without the proof of a Serial No. on the left arm.
He is telling me that his sister was working for Oakley in Paris and during to turmoil/takeover 2007 employe's where able to take any Oakley the want.
He is trying to tell me the frame is some kind of Prototype/Sample Frame and has no Serial.
The Frame has red rubber and the left lens has Ducati on it.
But no prove of Serial No.
So was there ever an legit Juliet Ducati Frame without a Laser Serial No.?
But why would Oakley employe's in Paris have access the unfinished Frames?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-10 um 00.46.06.png

Back