• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"New" Owner With Some Juliet/Penny Qs

dyos

Oakley Beginner
Sweden
Hi people!
I've owned a pair of Pennys for what seems like forever (10+ years) but within a few years i realized i looked quite weird in blue lenses and in a design that really didn't work with the rest of me. So they have been sitting in their box for about 8 years. These though, came in a Juliet box with proper papers and everything (no coin though!). Guess the salesperson thought all x-metals were the same..

So when I rediscovered these a few months back I thought I'd just pop a pair of black-ish lenses in there and give them a new shot. So I bought a pair of Juliet lenses, realized something was wrong and long story short, I ended up with a pair of carbon juliets from a trusted ebayer (and prob forum member) for a decent price. Really happy with them since the larger size and dark color looks a lot better on my face and with my style in general.

I did however notice that one of the lens screws was stripped so I will prob have to take them to a watch maker, or someone else skilled with small tools, so I can try out the VR28s that started the whole mess!

During the years my pennys lost both nose bombs (cant use the extras from the juliets) and I havent been able to find a new pair on ebay so far, are they pretty much gone from the planet or do you just have to know the right ppl? And what about the rubber for the Juliets? they are common online now but no longer produced, right?

What about sending shades back to O to take care of the nose bridge that is pretty wobbly by now, is that also a thing of the past with pennys? Is this something that can still be done with the juliets or is the whole service-thing closed down for the x-metals?

Feels really good to be a user and not just owner again :)
IMG_4627.jpg

Oakley can service nose bridges still, but i would recommend using the X Man's services instead. He is a member of this forum.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your newly purchased Juliets

Oakley can service nose bridges still, but i would recommend using the X Man's services instead. He is a member of this forum.

cool, reason for asking is that i read a post from someone saying that pennys specifically wasn't accepted for service anymore. this member also recomebded X-man so he is def worth considering! What about my unobtainium-issues?

When you meet the requirements after some time on the forum, you will be able to use the exchange section to find what you are looking for. Until then, i would try calling corporate to see if they have any left in stock. Otherwise, you could try aftermarket rubbers such as Linegear.

Back