• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Pair: Fives Squared. Can They Be Molded?

eldiablojoe

Oakley Beginner
I just picked up a pair of Fives Squared yesterday. Glossy black with accessory polarized lenses. They are one of the few Oakley frames that will look decent on my small face. They do, however, fit pretty loosely. They can slide on and off straight out without barely touching my temples. They sit on top of my head loosely too.

Does anyone know if an optometrist can dip the ear pieces in hot sand and bend them inward a little bit? I don't think they can do that with Flaks and other sport frames because they don't have a malleable wire inside them - at least that's what someone on the forum mentioned in an earlier post about Fast Jackets.

You can take it to a Lens Crafter where they have hot sand machines and they can bend the stems in a little bit if you want them to grab a bit better.

Thanks I'll try that. Mizztyler, I thought you were a female until I saw the Mizzou pennant in the background. Lol, you must get that a lot. Batwolf, I couldn't PM you via your profile (I should probably check my settings), but my supplier did NOT have the USA Flag bags you wanted. I'll check again next week- his supply rotates a lot.

I'll let you guys know how it goes at the optometrist once I get to one.

Batwolf said:
You can take it to a Lens Crafter where they have hot sand machines and they can bend the stems in a little bit if you want them to grab a bit better.

The only Oakley frame material meant to be heat adjusted is acetate, used in a lot of women's and Rx, some men's frames.. O-Matter has a lot of nylon in it to give it flexibility. It really shouldn't be heated like this. It may tighten the nylon causing the frame to lose flexibility and therefore be more likely to snap. I also believe that it will void your Oakley warranty..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I had same problem...are the new Twenties out of the question? They are perfect for me and snug The half jacket 2.0 is not a bad choice...I always hated Five 3/Squareds because some colorways felt really flimsy and too straight on stems XX old Twenties are excellent as stated and Minute 2.0. I have heard of O Matter snapping when heated/molded i do not recommend it...Five 4.0 is a bit snugger if u can get one on Vault or Ebay

gascan s may be the best they are hard to find in black colorways now......agreed on the fit I have a few...Might find SI availablesomewhere..

Latest Posts

Back