• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Paypal Fee

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
For those of you with guilty consciences about sending funds for items as friends and family, Paypal has fixed that with a 1% fee for friends and family...

Actually, I just looked and if you are doing a balance transfer it still says zero fees. Unless it hasnt kicked in yet

I had a zero paypal balance and I link my PP account to my bank account.
I've never had a fee for transfer from my checking account, only credit card transfers.
I have sent some funds this month F&F so that may have triggered it or it may be in beta.
But the bottom line is when I sent funds this AM F&F I paid a fee which I never paid previously.

If I pay with my paypal balance or my bank account i don't pay any fees for f&f. however if i use my credit card i pay the 1% using f&f.

Offline Oakle y Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Messages: 424 Trophy Points: 38 Location: Alberta, Canada New If I pay with my paypal balance or my bank account i don't pay any fees for f&f. however if i use my credit card i pay the 1% using f&f.
Please check again.
Used to be transfers from bank accounts did not bear fees.
Now credit cards bear 3.7% F&F and bank transfers 1%.

This is from a minute ago on a 100.00
$0.00 USD fee if you use your PayPal balance and/or a bank account.
$3.20 USD fee
if you pay using your credit or debit card.

Pretty much the same as I remember it from before. BTW, this is on a business account.

Then:
I must have tripped a red flag by sending too much F&F
I'm a beta.

Then I'm either a beta or threw a flag:

Last edited by a moderator: