• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Pit Boss Lenses

Split jacket lenses are pretty much an exact fit as well
No they aren't and you need to quite with that. What will wind up happening is the end user will stretch the frame out over time because they are taller and the heat in the summer and so on will cause this to happen. Then, someone will be stuck with a Boss that OEM lenses won't fit in properly. Hate to come off like this, but it irritates the crap outta me when you keep posting this. What you need to clearly advise is "Split Jacket will fit with very minimal modifications" this way nobody trashes their frame. If they don't fit right, they don't fit at all. Simple as that. Not to mention when you shove a lens that is only "slightly" larger into the frame, it distorts the **** outta the optics because it is pinching the lens from it's natural fitment...

Now, as far as replacing the lenses, never send them into Oakley and get hammered for fees. It is as simple as changing any O Matter frame lens like a Dog, Gascan, Fuel Cell, etc. They appear to be tougher, but are not. They pop out from behind (cover them with your microbag and push from the inside upper corner, and POP out they come)...To install, place the outer edge in first, then press in across the top to the inside upper corner and down to the bottom, Snap, it's that simple. No video needed, no worries, and always handle em with your bag or a nice microfiber detailing towel (although those tend to pinch into the frame between the lens at times) and you should be safe. Don't fear tugging on the frame a little or pressing a bit, you won't hurt the lenses unless you Conan them or some crazy sh!t. Pretty easy..

No they aren't and you need to quite with that. What will wind up happening is the end user will stretch the frame out over time because they are taller and the heat in the summer and so on will cause this to happen. Then, someone will be stuck with a Boss that OEM lenses won't fit in properly. Hate to come off like this, but it irritates the crap outta me when you keep posting this. What you need to clearly advise is "Split Jacket will fit with very minimal modifications" this way nobody trashes their frame. If they don't fit right, they don't fit at all. Simple as that. Not to mention when you shove a lens that is only "slightly" larger into the frame, it distorts the **** outta the optics because it is pinching the lens from it's natural fitment...

Now, as far as replacing the lenses, never send them into Oakley and get hammered for fees. It is as simple as changing any O Matter frame lens like a Dog, Gascan, Fuel Cell, etc. They appear to be tougher, but are not. They pop out from behind (cover them with your microbag and push from the inside upper corner, and POP out they come)...To install, place the outer edge in first, then press in across the top to the inside upper corner and down to the bottom, Snap, it's that simple. No video needed, no worries, and always handle em with your bag or a nice microfiber detailing towel (although those tend to pinch into the frame between the lens at times) and you should be safe. Don't fear tugging on the frame a little or pressing a bit, you won't hurt the lenses unless you Conan them or some crazy sh!t. Pretty easy..

That's why I said "pretty much" and not exact. I understand where you're coming from, and next ill state it better

That's why I said "pretty much" and not exact. I understand where you're coming from, and next ill state it better
all good man, I feel ya, and yeah, it is damn close, but also far enough off to totally trash a frame over time...:newrussian:

I just had the same lenses put in that they came with. I don't like modifying my glasses unless the lens that came with them are no longer available. Sorry to throw your thread off Lamsouth..

No Problem. I generally need to go with a contrast lens over a neutral lens because of a stroke I had a few years back and so generally change my neutral pairs of shades to enhanced contrast shades if at all possible. The OO positive red iridium polarized is my go to lens followed OO black iridium polarized and when available OO gray polarized. Everybody has different taste for lenses and some like to stick with the lenses originally paired with a pair of shades. It is all cool.

They probably say that because you cant buy replacement lenses unless you call them. There arent many frames these days that the lenses are hard to replace yourself. The only pair out of my collection I wont bother with is the Spikes.
I HATE spikes. but theyre okay compared to say.. oh i dunno.. MAG SWITCHES. SERIOUSLY THE WORST ONE OUT THERE.

Back