• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Premium Feature: Change Your Username

I personally like the idea of having a separate thread for each pair you're selling. Not combining them all into one thread. It makes it difficult to know which pair is which unless you really understand all the frames.

I bypass most sale ads that several different frames in one post.

I'd rather see each frame have its own post.. I mean some of your threads are all co.ibined into one and then when you're selling one that is "special" it gets it own thread. I think all Oakley's are special ial to someone and if I'm buying something I want to feel good about the purchase bit just some frame out of 20 for sale.... that's my 0.02 dueces!

That's a very good point and recently I've started to feel the same way. I'm moving away from consolidated sale threads. BUT I am trying to keep to a max of 3-5 threads and stagger the bumping!

More than an agreed number of threads should be a premium perk or a paid feature for non premium members.

But again, the topic here is user name changes which I just dont get as a premium feature.

That's a very good point and recently I've started to feel the same way. I'm moving away from consolidated sale threads. BUT I am trying to keep to a max of 3-5 threads and stagger the bumping!

More than an agreed number of threads should be a premium perk or a paid feature for non premium members.

But again, the topic here is user name changes which I just dont get as a premium feature.
Sorry, I had so many typos .... but yes. I agree 100%

The reason I time my threads out together is so that I don't have to go looking for each one individually. Usually they're all stacked together, so it's easy to find them. Wasn't until yday, when one of my buddies pointed out this thread to me that I learned that there was an issue with the fact that I changed my name, and that there was mention of me bumping my sale threads, supposedly not following the 48 hr rule.

I did let my closest friends in here know of my name change via text, and the rest would quickly figure it out. I don't think it's a big deal, it was the 1st and only time I've done it. Yet, I agree that there should be a time period during which one can't change names after having done so. 3 months is probably not enough, maybe 6 months. Anyway, I appreciate that @kronin323 clarified things as well. If anyone has anything to say about me, please go ahead and tag me. I'm usually in the exchange looking for good deals or selling my stuff, and in the collection threads enjoying other people's collections. I don't have time to go through the countless sections of the forum reading everything that's discussed.

I wish everyone a great weekend.
XMB

Cool but no need to reply to me as nothing I've said relates specifically to you. I actually wasn't even aware you were being discussed, or who you are/were!

Don't have strong opinions about the name change thing but just can't understand why it was considered a premium 'perk'.

By now most know my view is we should cut down on the number of sale threads and same time bumping, or make that a premium feature.

I chose mine in a rush thinking I'd only be here a day or two.

Would like a different name but wouldn't change it now, confusing all my friends here.

Maybe you should change it to "The Collector Formerly Known As SaulSaul"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "[NewName], Formerly Known As The Collector Formerly Known As SaulSaul"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "Just [NewName], dropping all the 'Formerly Known As' stuff"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "[NewName], if you don't know by now I used to be SaulSaul that's your problem"...

And finally, just "[NewName]"...

Maybe you should change it to "The Collector Formerly Known As SaulSaul"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "[NewName], Formerly Known As The Collector Formerly Known As SaulSaul"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "Just [NewName], dropping all the 'Formerly Known As' stuff"...

Then in another 3 months, change it to "[NewName], if you don't know by now I used to be SaulSaul that's your problem"...

And finally, just "[NewName]"...
"Formerly known as" would be great I believe.

I'm just gonna ignore everything else above that.

Continuing to see this name change in practice, only changing the name seems to cause little confusion, since you can still recognize the avatar. It changing both the name and avatar at the same time that creates confusion, don't know who they were previously.

Back