• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Prizm Low Light

I am planning to go on an early run tomorrow morning. If so I will use these and report back.

Woke up to a rainy morning so could not run with them as planned. But I DID find some info on light transmission from a press release in a Spanish website. It quotes it as having 76% light transmission so it is not fully clear (seems to line up with my earlier comment along the lines of it having a very slight tint)

The Low Light EVZero is listed as available at the employee store only. I have a pair of Black camo Twoface that are supposed to be part of the R1 drop as well and I've had those for weeks. Seems like people are letting stuff slip a bit early to make some money

Will be very interested to see if these have the significant ghosting effect during night driving that I’ve gotten with OEM and aftermarket yellow lenses.

Will be very interested to see if these have the significant ghosting effect during night driving that I’ve gotten with OEM and aftermarket yellow lenses.

Ikon yellow polarized ones don't ghost. My Oakley HI yellow and yellow do.

Ikon yellow polarized ones don't ghost. My Oakley HI yellow and yellow do.
Digging this up from the archives. Do the IKON yellow polarized lenses help with harshness and glare during night driving? Would you say they’re better for night driving than the Oakley Prizm Low Light?

Digging this up from the archives. Do the IKON yellow polarized lenses help with harshness and glare during night driving? Would you say they’re better for night driving than the Oakley Prizm Low Light?

I don't have Oakley's low light to compare with. They do improve contrast and perceived brightness with snow and help a bit with reflected glare on the road, but not much. I rarely use glasses when driving at night almost only in really bad weather (fog, snowstorm etc.)

Here in Russia, most days are grey, so I'm using Prizm Low Light lenses on a daily basis.
These look clear so I can't really see how they should work unless they are very lightly tinted to improve contrast a bit...
They are improving contrast by filtering yellow light. And probably blue light too, just because of lenses color.
Some night shots.

Wthout:
3351c20cb569t.jpg
With:
83c4e4ae61fdt.jpg

Back