• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New R1 to the collection

Not bad. I have a solar set with mint shades/ lenses with no cracks matching box, and coin that I got from Japan also a while back. I think I ended up paying 725.00. Only difference is my box does not have the foam.

The R1 in this thread was a steal at 500.00 with box, papers and coin.
You can get foam for the box on eBay.

Congrats bro, hope you are enjoying them. Maybe one day I can get me a pair. Too many wants and never enough money.
I just bought and sold for a profit at first. Made £80, $120 just scouring adds on all sights, finding the bargains then re-selling. Paid for my early X-Metals.

I love my Romeo 1 pair. I am debating taking out original lenses as well. I really like the original lens, but am afraid they are going to get scratched.
I have never seen original lenses up for sale with X-Metal etching, so they are impossible to replace original lens.

I love my Romeo 1 pair. I am debating taking out original lenses as well. I really like the original lens, but am afraid they are going to get scratched.
I have never seen original lenses up for sale with X-Metal etching, so they are impossible to replace original lens.

There are a few out there, but very few and very far between. If u happen to find a decent pair without cracks, your going to pay a pretty hefty price too. If u want to preserve them, take them out carefully and then put in a custom cut pair to replace them. That's what I did with these.

It is not impossible to get oem lenses for R1, I know as I bought some brand new in the box and some without box.

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9084.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

i have seen people ask for like the cost of a complete r1. (between 450 - 500).
That's what happens when something gets extremely rare and lots of people want that something. It's mainly long hard searching or just plain luck if you find a pair.

Great to have - I have spare pairs for mine - but what is the likelyhood of anyone actually refitting them knowing what is likely to happen to them....?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Great to have - I have spare pairs for mine - but what is the likelyhood of anyone actually refitting them knowing what is likely to happen to them....?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk
Lol... I know, it's a mind thing. Just knowing you have them but won't fit them is a bit full on psycho. :crazy:

Just picked up a pristine R1 from @Skyler. Only issues were a tiny scuff on the frame, barely noticeable and the left lens had the typical tiny spider cracking. XM etched lens was good though. In order to preserve the original lenses, I took out the originals since I already had a spare set of custom cut chromes from @Chris A Hardaway. So herrs the before.

View attachment 237779 View attachment 237780 View attachment 237781

Here's the after

View attachment 237782

Considered wearing these, but they are so clean!!!
Very nice and thumbs up buddy