• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New R3 Sun Release

Here's a picture of the new torch lenses on the triggerman. It's like they combined Ruby and Positive Red. I've heard this color is going to replace the fire iridium like the sapphire replaced the ice iridium. They also have a matte clear and torch Latch but I'm not sure if it's out yet.
View attachment 187311
Ooh, I like that color. Looks good with the matte clear too, which I never thought I'd say. That color combo on the Triggerman may warrant a look from me.

Unless it's functionally amazing, I don't get why torch has to exist when we have:
+red
oo red
Prizm Road
Prizm stickball (in n out)
Fire
Ruby

Like we really need to address every shade of red here....
Fire has gotten to be mostly yellow with a little bit of orange. I like this new Torch, which is a deep, rich orange. Also, while similar in color to Prizm Road and Baseball a bit, it is a neutral base instead of contrast. Not everyone, especially regular customers, like the heavily contrasted lenses.

20151014_113202_image.png

Amongst the Steel/Black/Fire and possible Ferrari Triggerman another one. This time in Steel/Navy/Ice Iridium.
https://www.granoptic.com/sunglasses/oakley-triggerman-oo9266-926609-59

20151014_121107_image.png

A few new Latch models too! Matte Clear Blue/Sapphire, Matte Clear/Jade, Matte White/Chrome and Matte Grey Ink/Ruby!
https://www.granoptic.com/sunglasses/oakley-latch-oo9265-926514-53

Last edited:
Was able to peep the R3 selection in person. I was hoping the Triggerman was the case of just looking bad in photos. Seeing it in person just made me think it was a cheap play off the Badman, like those Jordan shoes that re-use tooling from the retros to create some spin-off pairs.

Doesn't quite work like how the Pit Bull could pass as an "O-Matter Pit Boss". I mean the Badman to start really had no impressive shaping and was virtually a wire pair, and so at this point I'd just look at the Conductor series instead. Doesn't help that some fake X-Metals were literally plastic....so no disrespect to Triggerman owners. I just can't see past some things here.

The M2 XL was a weird one. Of course the store I visited had the regular M2 on the other side of the store so I couldn't be bothered to awkwardly bring it over. But yeah...on quick glace I didn't notice the change in volume, but rather the end cuts where towards tabs that enter the frame. Only then my eyes could make out the added height. Still don't know what to make of it co-existing with the Radar EV, other than it serves as a strap-compatible option in the lineup with a lighter hold.

On a positive note, I did like the Latch. The O-Matter lifestyle line needed something rounder than the Enduro and Frogs among all those square options. I dig the stem accents, too. This was the gem of the R3 release for me.

Back