• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Radarlock Path. Need Readers.

armcomdes

Oakley Beginner
New Jersey
Anyone have a solution for creating reader lenses for the Radarlock Path? Before Oakley, I used industrial safety glasses that could be purchased with a +2.5 diopter on the bottom half of the lens so I can read my Garmin.

I know there are stick-on diopters, but the blogs are giving mixed reviews. Anyone here have luck with the stick-ons? i can go the Rx route, but it's unclear if they can make bifocals.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Is it possible you can hit your local lenscrafters and ask them if it's possible to make bifocals in that specific Radar lens? I think I've seen it before but I'm not positive.

Welcome to the forum!
bigok.gif

Personally I wouldn't go for any stick-on's or attachments because that affects the optical clarity of the lenses. I would ask an Oakley authorized optometrist if they could make something work for you, just make sure they are authorized so that you're getting the real deal. If they tell you they can have them in a few days then they aren't real Oakley lenses, average turn around time is 2-4 weeks because the order has to be made at HQ in California.

I called one of the Lens Crafters listed on the Oakley Rx site, and also found some online Oakley Rx sites; and they both indicate a no-go on Rx lenses for a one-piece lens.

Yeah I know shield lenses are quite limited when it comes to prescription. Are there any other sports styles you like? Maybe Fast Jackets?

Unfortunately, like you discovered yourself, prescription one-piece lenses can't be done...so it's either the inserts for the Radarlock or you need to go to another frame style. If you're looking to stick with an Oakley sports frame, then I'd highly recommend the Flak Jacket XLJ lenses. I've had a couple teammates in the past (I play baseball) who were unable to wear contacts and they wore prescription Flak Jackets on the field. They loved them. So it may be something to consider for you as well. Just a thought.

Latest Posts

Back