• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Release: Snow Prizm Sapphire Lenses

If I'm not mistaken, the donor was a Radar lense with a 7 base curvature. Since snow prizm is limited there aren't a lot of donor lenses big enough to custom cut for an R2
I just wanted to say I'm about to cut a set for Monster Dog. I hope they'll be large enough donors (radar EV path). I ordered an extra set. So it could be up for grabs next week, pretty am xx xmetal or monster dog up for grabs!
@SecretNinja cut himself a set I believe. 'Tis the season!

Sorry to revive this old thread but there's surprisingly little first-hand info about these lenses out there. Has anyone tried these Prizm Snow Sapphire lenses in non-snowy environments (e.g. cycling)? The FOV seems quite similar to the Prizm Trail mountain biking lenses, which I really like.

As far as I know, the VLT is 20% (not sure what that 13% Prizm Snow Rose Crossrange is, tbh). Tried them on in the store today, but it didn't feel as "crisp" as Prizm Trail or Road. I guess I'll take a pass on these (since don't ski or do any other winter sports). Aesthetically, they look nice, I admit

As far as I know, the VLT is 20% (not sure what that 13% Prizm Snow Rose Crossrange is, tbh). Tried them on in the store today, but it didn't feel as "crisp" as Prizm Trail or Road. I guess I'll take a pass on these (since don't ski or do any other winter sports). Aesthetically, they look nice, I admit

Well, I saw that 13% was stated earlier in this thread though. If you check the goggles, you're right that Snow Sapphire Iridium is 20%, but Snow Rose is 21%, and it doesn't feature any iridium. The spare lenses I linked to above clearly do. Maybe it's a third type; same as the regular Rose but also with sapphire iridium. Confusing.

I saw some comparison with different lenses and I think the Snow Rose was a bit too much. Even if the rose tones might be similar to Trail, it didn't let much green through, so they are probably very different if you're in a more "normal" environment.

Defintly my favorite lense color

20190916_194859.jpg