• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New releases for April

Either the Flak 2.0 OCP has been really popular, or they had some errors on lens availability. Sapphire and Ruby non-polar lens options were up for a few days, but have now been removed. 24K non-polar has been added though!

They were available to actually buy and likely sold out of the first batch. When I visited the O-Store in my area earlier this week to check out the R2 stuff, they had some pretty interesting lens options available for Flak 2.0's.

Saw the new Tailhook, Tailpin, Tailend at an O Store. IMO, the Tailpin looks like a rehashed Crosshair, the Tailhook looks like a rehashed Deviation while the Tailend looks like a "wire" Madman.

I'm a little bugged about the semi-metallic outline/design near the edges of the lenses. Also, the lenses don't look like they're easy to replace/remove. It looked like the hinge and nose bridge area are somehow hugged into the lenses.

Saw the new Tailhook, Tailpin, Tailend at an O Store. IMO, the Tailpin looks like a rehashed Crosshair, the Tailhook looks like a rehashed Deviation while the Tailend looks like a "wire" Madman.

I'm a little bugged about the semi-metallic outline/design near the edges of the lenses. Also, the lenses don't look like they're easy to replace/remove. It looked like the hinge and nose bridge area are somehow hugged into the lenses.

I'd say Tailend is more Zero than Madman.

So does that mean you like them or don't like them?

Oakley has only made a handful of "original" pairs if all you want to do is say "this is a rehash of X".

Wait a minute. Probably just the OTT. That was just a rehash of the Moon with stems the other direction, though. Nevermind.

@kronin323

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Don't know much about the Zeros. They, do indeed, look more like the Zeros (looked them up on O-Review).

I like the Tailend most, out of the three. :)

@Rustpot

That was just my personal observation but I do get what you're saying. :D

Back