• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Romeo 1's.

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
At last!!! I have a pair of R 1's in absolutely new condition. Bought them off a geeza who got them from the US in 1994. He paid $170 for them Arrrrrggggghhhh! Cost me a sh*t load more.
He didn't like the look of them and put them in a drawer for 12 years and only recently found them. I have gone over them with a magnifying glass and not even a spec.

IMG_8729 (2).JPG

IMG_8730 (2).JPG

IMG_8731 (2).JPG

IMG_8732 (2).JPG

IMG_8734 (2).JPG

IMG_8735 (2).JPG

Congrats! Glad they went to a fellow forum member! I stayed up to 1am with fingers crossed but bidding went too high for me! They look great - are they in 'new' condition as advertised? I asked the seller about any stress cracks but he didn't give me a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Congrats! Glad they went to a fellow forum member! I stayed up to 1am with fingers crossed but bidding went too high for me! They look great - are they in 'new' condition as advertised? I asked the seller about any stress cracks but he didn't give me a definitive answer.
Hi mjt. They are pristine with no cracks in the lens and they are absolutely flawless. Even the gaskets are in A1 condition! They usually compress and fall apart but, these are perfect. The box is in fantastic condition with the foam looking like it did when it left the factory. I had to sell off a couple of my pieces to get these as I didn't have the money either. I will try and get some more pic's on of the lenses tomorrow.

Back