• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Rule - 12/20 - Paypal F&F No Longer Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the Oakley F&F sale? ;)
meh

(due to the potential complexity of configuration and overhead I do not want to dig into this, but I will say I am familiar with environments where "Oakley F&F" would be a legitimate phrase, but not "F&F" + "PayPal", for example...)

I think its better to keep it simple. :)

Let's stop beating the rule up. Bottom line is if you post a for sale or a buy thread and your intention is to post terminology which refers to using the friends and family option within the PayPal system your thread will be deleted if you don't make the change. I am on the fence about just deleting it and pming the poster so that members don't have the option to even consider it. I am going to sit back and wait for the first member to scream they got taken. You and I know someone is going to do it

What we are still working about with is trades, that is going to be an issue, my suggestion is ONLY trade with well established members, but hey, I have seen that go wrong too.

There is no fee for transferring money using the friends and family option. By using goods and services you paying additional 3 to 4% on top of the cost to transfer the funds.

F and F also does not protect you if you need to file a claim. PayPal will not back you if your sending money against their own rules. Goods and services has buyer protection.

What I would like to see here, and I'm sure a few would agree with me on this. If someone leaves you negative feedback on here because he/she lost a PayPal dispute...the other party shouldn't be allowed to leave negative feedback. If this does happen, a member can forward a copy of the PayPal decision to a mod/admin so that the honest or winner of the PayPal dispute doesn't get negative feedback. Ebay works like that. Just an idea...I know that might be a little more work for the staff here, but I think it's a good idea. Anyone else agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back