• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New RX Flak 2.0 (With photochromic) received

Taypo

Oakley Beginner
For those of you who didn’t read the previous post:
Sales Order XXX [Lens]
Oakley Edge SV
P1.59 Oakley Trans8 Grey
Authentic Lens Finishing
Scratch Resistant
Oakley Stealth Anti-Reflective
Oakley Photochromic Grey
Oakley Complex Mounting
Edge RX Lens Processing
UV400

-4.5 on each eye for a script

Picked these up today and I have mixed opinions.

They’re comfortable, not as heavy as I was worried about and the glass thickness is reasonable, I think. They transition to almost total black/gray with a green tint that I’m stumped about, with eyes barely visible. They look pretty good in my opinion, other than:

I am disappointed in the corners - they’re reflecting light pretty badly and showing the thickness of the glass from the front. Peripheral vision isn’t terrible, but cranking my eyes all the way to one side or the other is giving me a blur. I’m also getting some light bounce off the bottoms of the lenses back into my eyes, especially if I’m looking down.

If these were all day, every day glasses I’d probably return them for a different model. Given that they’re nighttime and occasional daily wear, I’m going to test them for a while and see if I get used to it.

8EB6B223-CECB-48EE-A207-0C927AA5AD15.jpeg

So they made a mistake, or did you just want these instead of the Sliver Edge?
It is my understanding that Edge SV is Edge lenses, Single Vision.

The data I copied is just the lenses. There is also a line item for the Flak 2.0 XL

My rx square wires also have a bit of a ‘fishbowl’ look when I first put them on but that goes away after a couple minutes- could that be what is causing the blurriness in your peripheral vision? I do know the next time I get a set of Rx sunglasses I am getting a 6 based frame.

My rx square wires also have a bit of a ‘fishbowl’ look when I first put them on but that goes away after a couple minutes- could that be what is causing the blurriness in your peripheral vision? I do know the next time I get a set of Rx sunglasses I am getting a 6 based frame.
what is that?

what is that?
Good question! It refers to the curvature of the frame. 6 based frames are generally flatter (think more Rx eyeglasses) where 8.75 base frames have more wrap or curvature to them. Most sport sunglasses that wrap are 8.75, they are awesome for protection, but hard to do rx in because of the wrap.

I’m not sure what Oakley has for 6-base sport frames. They did have the chainlink, now the best options would probably be either the mainlink or the portal x.

For those of you who didn’t read the previous post:
Sales Order XXX [Lens]
Oakley Edge SV
P1.59 Oakley Trans8 Grey
Authentic Lens Finishing
Scratch Resistant
Oakley Stealth Anti-Reflective
Oakley Photochromic Grey
Oakley Complex Mounting
Edge RX Lens Processing
UV400

-4.5 on each eye for a script

Picked these up today and I have mixed opinions.

They’re comfortable, not as heavy as I was worried about and the glass thickness is reasonable, I think. They transition to almost total black/gray with a green tint that I’m stumped about, with eyes barely visible. They look pretty good in my opinion, other than:

I am disappointed in the corners - they’re reflecting light pretty badly and showing the thickness of the glass from the front. Peripheral vision isn’t terrible, but cranking my eyes all the way to one side or the other is giving me a blur. I’m also getting some light bounce off the bottoms of the lenses back into my eyes, especially if I’m looking down.

If these were all day, every day glasses I’d probably return them for a different model. Given that they’re nighttime and occasional daily wear, I’m going to test them for a while and see if I get used to it.

View attachment 896873
how are you doing now buddy, better or the same?

Latest Posts

Back