• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New SI FUEL CELL WITH CERAKOTE

no, mate black and matte sand were originally applied coatings. up until recently, they were all painted with a soft touch paint. and they ALL peeled over time.
I guess I haven't seen a painted matte black frame.

Sand though... I've got one of those piles of ****. This is before I took a fingernail and scraped 1/2 the paint off. I've been hesitant to do anything with it without fully stripping for fear of having what sand remains flake off. What do you suggest to fully strip this without hurting the frame?
IMG_1064.jpg

that is sand metallic...not the same as the matte sand finish on the gascan...again, another completely different beast lol. That is the typical old school paint they used.

that is sand metallic...not the same as the matte sand finish on the gascan...again, another completely different beast lol. That is the typical old school paint they used.
I give up.

How much to have you strip and pimp an M Frame by the way? Not much canvas there to work with. I haven't hammered out a design yet...

I guess I haven't seen a painted matte black frame.

Sand though... I've got one of those piles of ****. This is before I took a fingernail and scraped 1/2 the paint off. I've been hesitant to do anything with it without fully stripping for fear of having what sand remains flake off. What do you suggest to fully strip this without hurting the frame?
IMG_1064.jpg

Try Super Clean degreaser. You can find it at Walmart. Let the frame soak in the stuff for a day or two (you can leave it soaking for months too, without any adverse effects), and the paint will come off pretty easily with a toothbrush. It won't hurt the frame either.

Yup, Same here :(

A.) Discount is somewhere %35-%40. B.) Selection is limited. Not unless you do not mind what they have to offer. C.) Non military folks have their 2 cents as far as the design of the sunglasses. Such as why is the color so plain, they could have use these instead with these type of lenses etc. It is about military uniform regulations and tactical purposes. Only thing I regret was not buying the infinite hero Juliets when they were offered back then. Sigh.

Latest Posts

Back