• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Soft Touch Frogskins - Extremely Limited Edition

they said 70 each in Europe. Theres nothing that says they wont dump more in the US...plus, the rag and bones were a collab pair. these are just another Oakley release. lame IMHO

and based on Oakley's limited release numbers lately, who knows if thats 70 total per color, or 70 for the first release and 7000 for the second release.

"or 70 for the first release and 7000 for the second release."

that was brilliant! :p

Saw the thread title and thought these could be worth a purchase - saw the price and fell over lol
Im finally thinking of picking up limited / special editions from now on but ill give these a miss I think.

Last edited:
UK adverstised prices always include the uniform local 20% VAT (sales tax), so it will be 20% cheaper than advertised if you buy from overseas and have it shipped out of the UK.

70 in the whole of Europe doesn't sound right at all, especially considering these are quite frankly awful. £170 for a Matte Black frame and Jade iridium lenses, that aren't even polarized? That price is justified how?

Thats a bit crap i was hoping to pick a couple of these up just as i went along!.... £170 thats the same as the UK and old glory frogs

Prices are correct on the Soft Touch Frogs from what we have been told by Oakley. Remember, being a UK based company we take all payments in GBP and your bank then converts it to USD :)

We wish we could make the prices, but unfortunately we have to adhere to Oakley's pricing.

its nothing at all against you ShadeStation, i work with MSRP's and stuff also.. it's just that sometimes I can't help but feel stupid for even thinking about spending that much on something that's so clearly overpriced.
$120 for Frogskins is alot, but still reasonable.. $200+ for nothing more than a different treatment on the outside of the frames just seems silly, like they're taking advantage of the customer base. There's no technological advances, no higher quality optics, no new hinge system, nothing... nothing to warrant a price like that. If they can show me how it costs them an extra $95.00 or even some proportional amount to whatever their markup is to make the soft touch then maybe id consider whether it could somehow be worth the extra money.

just out of curiosity, are the prices reflected on your site accurate?
the frogs are VERY expensive ! and the eyeshades and razor blades even moreso.. just wondering what the story is on that
What Eyeshades and Razor Blades?

Also I'm sick of all these crappy Frog releases. Nothing new or exciting about this collection.

Back