• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Split Shot imperfections

Spork

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone,
This week I ordered my first real sunglasses. I've always loved the look of Oakleys and with a new outdoor job I figured I had a good excuse.
I decided to go with the Split Shot because of the extra coverage over the Flak 2.0. Shallow water polarized to have a slightly higher VLT when on the trail.
They're very nice and the lenses are huge, more than they seemed to be in pictures.
Thing is I've been waiting so long to get something like this and I'm very attentive to small defects when I invest in new toys and there are some on these glasses which I did not expect and kinda bummed me out. There are scratches on the sides of the frame and the O logos seem to have been glued off-centre. The left side is glued lower and the right side is higher.
Am I being crazy or is this kind of thing common?

P.S. Was too dark to take a nice picture of the whole glasses, will do tomorrow!

oakley1.JPG

oakley2.JPG

Impossible to tell from that photo if they’re even genuine but assuming they are (and also not used) I’d definitely return them.

i bought a used nrMt Split Shot that did not have those issues. i agree with return/replace. in hindsight, i would buy a matte version, but i love Prizm Snow Torch emphatically. your icons should be centered correctly and you should have no scratches. Split Shot is a great pair. when/if they fall, they tend to land not on the lenses. ;)
my frame is scratched, but its my own fault.

Looks like someone was trying to mess with the icons and scratched the frame. I don’t think there are any fake Split Shots out there (why woild anyone even bother?).

Try to claim a replacement if you still can.

Back