• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Square Wires vs 2.0

F121

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone got a comparison of how the current generation square wire compares to the square wire 2.0?

I used to have a pair of 2.0 in black with black iridium lenses, but lost them a few years ago and have been wearing maui jims since...after buying some new socks and lenses for my cycling flaks, I found myself fancying some new glasses, so looking at the current gen square wires.

The current generation square wire is a bit bigger than the the square wire 2.0, I don’t have pictures of them side by side but have worn them both. If you like the square wire 2.0 the new whisker or Savitar might be a closer fit.

Thanks WildWires, I had dismissed whiskers because my girlfriend has got a pair from about 6 years ago and they really don’t suit me, but the new ones look a bit squarer.

This photo from @Monkey in the Whisker Guide has really sold me the new whiskers:

whisker-jpg.jpg

I have two of the New Square Wires and really like them. They seem to fit perfectly being a big bigger since my head got bigger with age. Lol. I used to have some of the older ones.

Back