• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Tight Fit & Loose Fit Temple Washers

scienergy

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Made in USA
Good day friends! I am happy to announce I am releasing a new type of temple washer that will have a tight fit as opposed to a loose fit of the washers I previously offered. I have also improved the design so that only two washers per hinge are required on both tight & loose fits.

Tight Fit:
If you like your stems to be more difficult to move, stiff and rigid without compromising the anti-fiction & strength characteristics of the washers, these are for you. Made from a durable thermoplastic polymer material with high tensile strength for years of consistent and reliable use.

Loose Fit:
If you like your stems to be easier to move, loose and slack but with enough friction to stay closed, these are for you.
Made from a durable synthetic fluoropolymer material with a very low friction coefficient for years of consistent and reliable use.

If you have any questions please post or troll below. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey.....
Some people like it really tight
Some people like it just a little tight
Some people like it loose
Some people like it just a little loose
Some people like it WAY too loose

Now if you are Goldilocks.......maybe you like it juuuuuuuuuuuust riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 materials serving the same function with different but similar properties. I prefer the tight washers myself as it allows me to clip the glasses to my shirt easier.

Just want to give a +1 to these washers. I prefer the thinner ones, they are hard enough to get on, haha! These are pretty much my go-to replacement washers. Never had any issues with them and they seem to be holding up to regular usage well! In fact I need to order some more :)

Just want to give a +1 to these washers. I prefer the thinner ones, they are hard enough to get on, haha! These are pretty much my go-to replacement washers. Never had any issues with them and they seem to be holding up to regular usage well! In fact I need to order some more :)

Thanks for the feedback! Happy to hear they are working well. The "loose" washers now are most like what you've gotten from me in the past. These new washers are just slightly thicker than the previous washers to withstand more pressure. Not too thick to make install difficult, not to thin to crush under pressure from the hinge screw. Like Goldilocks I got them just right this time =D

I installed both types to multiple frames and they were very easy to get in using a very small small eyeglass flat head screwdriver to open up the gap. They may even install without opening up the hinge gap if you have a pair of sharp needle nose tweezers. There is a noticeable difference in play between the two with the screws tightened to the same depth so I decided to offer two types of washers instead of one. Both materials are high grade and will be very durable.

I agree Dennis. I have actually looked at those parts and accessed what it would cost to make them. The problem is the demand for those parts is not high therefore the money spent on engineering and manufacturing isn't covered from short term sales. In the short term, it's not money well spent. In the long term, it's a good investment that will be made.

My goal is to manufacture all the things -- quality, American-made, direct replacement parts for all X Metal frames. I take no shortcuts when it comes to design and function out of loving respect for the Oakley brand of old and the unbelievable amount of time, man power & grid energy that went in to crafting the best sunglasses on the planet. Slow and steady...

Last edited: