• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to forum, not to Oakley

• Thread starter Deleted member 19173
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19173

Hello all. Just recently started to feed an old addiction. Had an original set of blades back in the early 90's and still have my original zeros 0.4 from college. Just picked up some Ferrari fuel cells to replace a pair of SI gascans I lost in the gulf on vacation. Just got some used turbines on ebay and am concerned about authenticity. 302289034049 was the listing and just received them. Serial number is missing and the arms are somewhat flexible where the rubber inserts. I read that all earstems are rigid? Also the white rubber inserts have a pattern molded into it, but not the word Oakley I've seen on Oakley's site. Are there more than 1 generation of turbine? These feel sturdy in the hinges and the plastic seems well molded. I know the lenses aren't original as they were advertised that way. Appreciate any input.
P.S. My goal is to get a different color lens and model for each day of the week!

Hello all. Just recently started to feed an old addiction. Had an original set of blades back in the early 90's and still have my original zeros 0.4 from college. Just picked up some Ferrari fuel cells to replace a pair of SI gascans I lost in the gulf on vacation. Just got some used turbines on ebay and am concerned about authenticity. 302289034049 was the listing and just received them. Serial number is missing and the arms are somewhat flexible where the rubber inserts. I read that all earstems are rigid? Also the white rubber inserts have a pattern molded into it, but not the word Oakley I've seen on Oakley's site. Are there more than 1 generation of turbine? These feel sturdy in the hinges and the plastic seems well molded. I know the lenses aren't original as they were advertised that way. Appreciate any input.
P.S. My goal is to get a different color lens and model for each day of the week!
:welcome: and about the Turbines they had 3 different patterns so they look legit. They looks like a custom pair so that's why they have no sku.

Chris! Welcome to the community, thanks for signing up and returning to the fold....

Your goal, although seemingly modest, will cost you plenty when you start exploring in here. Just sayin' ;)

Back