• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To Me Double Wide

Just picked this up today. Not a steal but I got a good deal on it. It came with 12 keys which is great incase I lose one. It also came with a big ass mirror that hangs off either side. The only problem I have is that on the trip back, one of the hinges' bolts worked itself loose. I recovered the nut that secured it but the bolt and a metal strip that sits behind the hinge and acts as a spacer between the door and hinge were lost. Any suggestions on a repair? Here are some pics.

2012-07-01185922.jpg

This one shows the missing pieces.

Looks like a bumper bolt. Try looking at the link to see if it is similar and see if your hardware or auto store might have something.

Dorman/2 pcs. 3/8 in. - 16 x 1 in. universal stainless steel cap bumper bolt includes nuts and retainers (45364) | Bumper Bolt | AutoZone.com

You are the man. I'm headed to auto zone tomorrow. That looks just like it and even if its not perfect, its damn close.

Cool, I hope it worked. That's a nice case. I hope one day I can get one too. Our local Oakley reps must be hording them for themselves since I don't see any floating around here and when I ask my local eye doctor she says they aren't for sale.

the thumper bolt has a square shape to hold it in place but the Oakley bolts don't have that. It may not work depending on the size of the hole.

Back