• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to Oakley, Asia fit only

nomaded

Oakley Beginner
Hello world!

I'm a newcomer to the world of Oakley. I got my first set last year, Tinfoil Carbon with Emerald Iridium Polarized lenses. I was quite happy with the fit, first set of Oakley sunglasses that actually fit my face. All "regular fit" Oakley I've tried have too much curve and sit on my cheeks while not touching my nose.

Since then, I had been on the look out for some Asia fit Badmans, in a store nearby, but I've never found them in store. I was very reluctant to spend that much (retail, before the current discounts hit) to buy them online just to try them out. After some research and some reading here, I think I've given up on the Badmans.

A few months ago, prompted by a sale at Oakley.com, I went to the local store to try on some other Asia fit styles. I found the Flak 2.0 Asia to fit my face perfectly. I ended up buying a set of the Steel with Prizm Road lenses. I also got a set of Uranium with Prizm Golf. Since getting both, I have put the Prizm Road lenses in the Uranium frames and have been using them as my driving glasses.

At this point, I'm on the lookout for something polarized, either just lenses or a whole set. Unfortunately, there's a very small set of Oakley lenses for the Asia fit and are also polarized. I would love to get the Prizm Daily or Prizm Deep Water Polarized, but neither are available. I could get the Prizm Shallow Water Polarized, but only as a whole set of glasses. I'll probably wait for the next F&F coupon and order a set of Black Iridium Polarized lenses (for sunny days) or Fire Iridium Polarized lenses (for a second set of driving glasses).

In a lot of Asia fit frames, the only difference is the way the nose bombs are installed. For instance, a PB2, put the nose bombs on one way and they're regular fit, flip them over and they're Asia fit. I don't know if this will work for you and you'll have to search to figure out which ones are like that, but it may open more possibilities for you.

Welcome!

Welcome, thanks for signing up! Glad you found a few frames that work, you picked some cool options...love the Uranium. ;)

Make yourself comfortable in here, stick around and contribute!

Back