• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To Oakley

Scott0189

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I'm Scott, I'm from the UK, and i've just startd a bit of an X-Metal collection.
I've wantd some sor years, but I've only just got round to buying some - thank-you e-bay!
15026917181_4a7bb61985_z.jpg

So far I have a pair of Movie Release Juliets with 'X' S/N (which I've just put a set of new Oakley Ruby lenses in, to take them back to as standard as I can) these aren't in too bad condition, given their age. Lense close-up:
15026920501_14ccbe3e7a_z.jpg

Second purcase was a set of Carbon Juliets (I've just put some new Oakley Polorised Black lenses in):
14843439207_b99b137c2b_z.jpg

The only issue I have is thr Carbon frames have an issue with the left arm not sitting level.
However this can be traced all the way back to the hinge, the Olakley logo does not sit central in the T-Shock.
From what I've read on here, most likely cause is a badly drilled hinge.
Some slight wear under the hinge where the paint has rubbed off.
Below shows the arm level difference:
15006990086_75d3a99e5d_z.jpg

Both have just been serviced by Oakley too.

I'm keeping my eye out for some more, missed some Penny's yesterday :( but probably need to ease up for a bit anyway, let the bank recover a bit.

Anyways, jus a quick hi (or not so quick as it would seem).

Last edited:
Hey all,

I'm Scott, I'm from the UK, and i've just startd a bit of an X-Metal collection.
I've wantd some sor years, but I've only just got round to buying some - thank-you e-bay!.
I only started last year after wanting some for ages and never quite getting round to it somehow. I had quite a few pairs of other Oakleys but seeing the Juliet again reawakened the need :) A warning to the wallet, I'm now sitting on 23 pairs!

Congratulations on the first two pairs.

Welcome to the forum. The juliets are a classic pair and suit almost everybody. Both pairs look good. Maybe they are sitting incorrectly by having to many washers on the bottom in the hinge?

I only started last year after wanting some for ages and never quite getting round to it somehow. I had quite a few pairs of other Oakleys but seeing the Juliet again reawakened the need :) A warning to the wallet, I'm now sitting on 23 pairs!

Congratulations on the first two pairs.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) Haha 23!!! Oh dear, wallet - watch out!
Though I think my next pair may have to be for my other half, though she wants something from the dark side...

Welcome to the forum. The juliets are a classic pair and suit almost everybody. Both pairs look good. Maybe they are sitting incorrectly by having to many washers on the bottom in the hinge?

I have had the arm off, it's got 2 washers on the top and two on the bottom I think, might be woth checking again though.
They were a nighmare to put back together though. Not quite got the nack for it yet... Thanks for the tip though :)

Nice!

Where in the UK ? :)

Opposite and to you buddy, I'm up in Aberdeen!

Thanks again for the welcoms guys!

--S

All 3 of my X metals also do not have one of the the temples touching the surface of the table.
I would have expected Oakley Service to fix it....atleast that is what they told me they would do after I sent them in for tightening....

Your's was not fixed it seems after you got them back from service???

Greetings from Germany by the way (am quite new to the forum myself)..

Latest Posts

Back