• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to Oakleys,seems like an addiction

The whole point of Oakley is the lenses

So.......am I in trouble for changing the lenses? I don’t know the mood of this forum yet and I’m wondering if I stepped on any “Purists” toes or something?

I originally was going to go for a Sapphire Irridium pair of Turbine Rotors but I figured I would get these Oil Rigs and pocket the extra $100.

245c95b4ccdac3a8462a0001579babc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’m noticing something, being from Canada and having a pretty cold winter, with these oil rigs as soon as I step outside or waiting for my car to warm up with the heater on my Right lens constantly fogs up, its kinda bugging me to the point where I asked a couple of places if they still sell “anti-fog” lens cleaner like back in the ‘80’s but they laughed when I asked about it haha.

Because of this I also noticed that if I shove the glasses all the way to my face (I always have to put them down a bit or I can’t see anything) my right eye touches the lens, eyelashes too, constantly makes a mess, Yeah, I’m fussy, sue me.

So either my head is lopsided or the glasses are not straight and they look straight, so I’m thinking of heating up the left arm and straightening it slightly and that should make the right side a bit further from the offending eyeball.

Either that or sell them and get a different model, but I would like to get them just right for me.

Also compared to my GASCANS they are way more curved towards the face so this model might not be the best for me.

Not sure if Oakley still sells it but they used to sell a product you put on your lens and then buffed it off ...it was an anti fog....I'm sure you could look up the website and see what if they still have it

Nice glasses by the way looks great

Yes that's it....I bought 4 of them a few years ago and still use it to this day....I am not sure if it's marketed for anti fog but it definitely works for anti fog....soon as mine start digging up I apply it and fixes the problem for a few months.

Does it fix small scratches? Just curious. I have used car wax on lenses

Was just talking with me wife and she has a pair of older Oakley's, not polarized and she says that hydro cleaner works for hers as far as an anti fog but she doesn't think it works very well.....not sure why it works for me so well and not her, I even work outdoors and am walking between inside and outside all the time.....

Just wanted to let you know the bad with the good brother hope that helps

Back