• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to X metal, but remember being obsessed with them in the 90s

phillyforager

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi All,

I randomly stumbled across some Oakley Juliet's online and it reminded me of the late 90s... I used to be obsessed with the X metal series as a 10 year old kid - but I obviously had absolutely no money to my name to purchase them.

That obsession is now back, with an extra dose of nostalgia (and now the funds to actually purchase a pair haha).... But I know nothing about the aftermarkets on these. So I was hoping people might be able to help me out

Is there a good intro X metal guide out there? I'd like to read about all the models that Oakley has put out since the late 90s.

Does Oakley currently sell any X metal sunglasses?

Ultimately, I would like to purchase a pair or two - but I just have no idea how to go about doing that, or how to make sure I purchase a legit pair.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the O-Forum.

Many of us members love X metals, and started like yourself. The best advice I can offer you is see/ask for plenty of photos after you select the X metal design of your choice. They are all popular - Juliets especially. Work out which frame finish you prefer and select your preferred lenses colours. We have the most amazing artists on this forum, who can repair, customise and replace lenses for you. Some in my opinion are better than when they were factory released. This Forum really opens your eyes to the limitless opportunities.

When you find a pair to your liking, place photos of here and members can tell you if they are legit - or not.

Beware, this hobby comes at a steep price. An addiction of wanting more and this is most certainly will burn a hole in your finances. Enjoy the ride and welcome.

Welcome to the O-Forum.

Many of us members love X metals, and started like yourself. The best advice I can offer you is see/ask for plenty of photos after you select the X metal design of your choice. They are all popular - Juliets especially. Work out which frame finish you prefer and select your preferred lenses colours. We have the most amazing artists on this forum, who can repair, customise and replace lenses for you. Some in my opinion are better than when they were factory released. This Forum really opens your eyes to the limitless opportunities.

When you find a pair to your liking, place photos of here and members can tell you if they are legit - or not.

Beware, this hobby comes at a steep price. An addiction of wanting more and this is most certainly will burn a hole in your finances. Enjoy the ride and welcome.

Thank you for the welcoming message, and I appreciate the advice!

As for the hobby - I am just coming off of a 3 year deep dive into the mens dress shoe and boot world... So I know how steep random hobbies can become hah.

Welcome

Welcome to the O-Forum.

Do you happen to know where I might be able to find a fit guide for the X-Metals? I have a relatively narrow face.... I'm wondering which model would be the best fit for me.

Thanks again

This will entertain you for some time.

Thank you!

I will ask you the same question that I asked Oakley Sydney: do you happen to know where I might be able to find an Oakley x metal fit guide? I have a relatively narrow face and I'm wondering which model will fit my face best.

Ty!

I do not own every X-Metal produced.
But to get you started:
Small > large.
Penny
Half-X
Mars
Juliet
XX X-Metal
Romeo II
X-Squared
Romeo I