• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to X metal, but remember being obsessed with them in the 90s

I am debating picking up a pair of half-x's that are on ebay right now.

What are your thoughts on this pair? (pricewise, and authenticity wise)

I’m not a Half X fan, but I stay away from eBay. Too many fakes. Just stick around the forum for 15 days so you can buy on the exchange here.

Welcome to the O-Forum.

Many of us members love X metals, and started like yourself. The best advice I can offer you is see/ask for plenty of photos after you select the X metal design of your choice. They are all popular - Juliets especially. Work out which frame finish you prefer and select your preferred lenses colours. We have the most amazing artists on this forum, who can repair, customise and replace lenses for you. Some in my opinion are better than when they were factory released. This Forum really opens your eyes to the limitless opportunities.

When you find a pair to your liking, place photos of here and members can tell you if they are legit - or not.

Beware, this hobby comes at a steep price. An addiction of wanting more and this is most certainly will burn a hole in your finances. Enjoy the ride and welcome.
My opinion is kinda suspicious. I got a pair of X Squared Ruby Iridium back in 2012 and it had been my partner of all adventures until last year, when they were subtracted. I love those glasses so much that bought another pair in Carbon finish.

They are AWESOME. Built like a tank. Expect them to survive Mad Max and a Zombie Appocalypse. Fit just fine and IMHO bettee than Julietes on that matter for bigger cheeks/faces, since XS lenses are 4mm higher.

AFAIK the last one released was the X Squared in 2009 when Lux took everything over.

For a nice starting point, check this out:

I'm pretty sure the page above will provide some nice background.

Back