• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New, Trying to Learn about X-Metal glasses (Juliet)

I know, seems like priorities were a bit off there. If it were me, I guess I would have just lost the race. Lol.

The purse for that race was $6k or something like that, I didn't place that well but still got a few hundred dollars. Plus the team manager would have been pretty pissed if I dropped out for my sunglasses, LOL. I tried to find somewhere to put them, usually If I don't want to wear my glasses I'll stick them in the vents on my helmet, buy the juliets wouldn't fit, and my bib number was covering the pocket on the back of my jersey. I figured they were going to fall off anyway, so best to just throw them in the grass where they would be safe. They were kind of a beater pair anyways.

Woooo, haven't visited Canada since I was 11. Might be time to go back. Can visit some family in NY to make the trip from Europe easier to explain to the family :blush:

Everyone! Wow. I'm genuinely surprised by the big response here. There's a lot of excellent information.

Most of you have recommended plastic or O-Matter for active sports, but it sounds like the Juliets are eh, maybe. It sounds like I need to borrow my one of my friends' Juliets and go for a quick sprint to see if it comfortable in different situations. They may not be what I'm looking for in the activity spectrum but as general glasses could be a good introduction.

I'll browse the O-Review database and learn about the other options too. I didn't realize it was documented in an easy-to-access way.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Back