• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New XX Prescrition Lenses NOT HDO

jtessman

Oakley Beginner
Just a quick poll. I just got a new set of prescription lenses for my XX's - genuine Oakley. As soon as I put them on I noticed a blurry area on the outside edge of my vision. Further investigation showed an O logo imbedded in each lens on the midline about 1/3 of the way in from the outside edge. Anytime you focuse through this area the image gets blurred by the logo (think checking your side view mirrors). Sent the lenses back and asked to have it removed. New lenses came back with the outside logo gone but the same marking internal to the lens. This is incredibly annoying and I'm about to send them back and ask for a refund but thought I would check with the community first.

Long discussion with Oaklel customer service follows. Told the marks are "ghost marks" and are part of the manufacturing. Seems to me that any lens which results in intentional blurring of your vision does not qualify as HDO, especially for the price they are charging!

Has anyone else with new Rx lenses observed this issue?

That's pretty strange, my prescription lenses don't have the "O" logo. I've seen that on several, but thinking back only on sunglass frames, not prescription frames.

hmm.........strange. I have the O mark in both pairs of my prescription XX, but they don't bug me at all. It's totally out of my line of sight, so I can't even see them. I'm asian, so it sits lower on my face, lack of nose bridge, maybe that makes a difference.

Back