• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New,...

Rare_Earth

Oakley Beginner
Brisbane
Hi All,

..began collecting around '95 somewhat inadvertently- bought a pair of T-wires because I liked the notion of the titanium, their strength, permanence and "timelessness"- they'll remain unaffected by corrosion, being knocked around etc., I also bought a "wire vault" for them to live in,...

My second addition happened when I thought I had lost them, and I purchased my "first" x-metal frame- still titanium, an alloy of same. It was/is a pair of plasma iridium juliets with the emerald lenses. They're currently disassembled in a container, pending their delivery to Oakley Australia and the kind and helpful folk there :). These were purchased in 2004.

Just recently, I was in a part of Queensland, and I wandered into the Oakley outlet there- and walked out, after some bargaining with a fantastic new pair of juliettes,..with apparently a microscopic scratch- that resulted in a huge discount, and me still being unable to see it, but just as happy with them as if they were perfect. Carbon frames, with Black Iridiums. I *may* have also purchased almost all the juliettes I could lay my hands on, in their new boxes,..and may consider moving them on for something under $450.00 :p

At this point, things went a "little" ballistic, with my purchases just recently being 2 sets of R1's ( frame numbers including one under 7000, and "äs new") , a pair of X squareds, another set of almost perfect T-wires from O/s, and some wire vaults :),...

I also must admit to seeing Oakley bargains, snapping them up, and pimping the little sods out on Ebay, to fund my, "X-metal" habit.

I'm such an Oakley s l u t,...that I've voluntarily handed over a credit card to my more sensible half,...and at any rate, I'm here for the chance to meet similarly motivated people, do some trading, and satisfy my X-metal lust,...

I'm going to start some customising of arms and frames, with a spare pair of R1 frames, and some sexy looking X-squared arms,...that "Ö"in the middle might look damn sexy on an R1 frame,....

Gottsa ta get my T6 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you gentlemen!

I've been stumbling around the forum, trying to find any mention of the practice ( if there is one) of swapping out arms on different models, say hammer-stem for straight, x-squared arms for hammer-stem etc.,

Directions would be appreciated- and yes, I have used the search engine, but obviously not correctly :/

Latest Posts

Back