• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbi on the brain bucket and the windshield

Hope your Whistler visit is in ideal conditions and you get to experience it to the max.

I've been there twice recently. First visit was mostly Bluebird conditions, but with poor snow cover, most of the really fun stuff wasn't open, but spectacular scenery abounded.

View attachment 579630

Second visit the following year had epic snow ( 60 inches while we were there ), BUT the entire mountain was socked in clouds for the whole week and our Heli-skiing trip got scrubbed. No Fly conditions existed all week due to poor visibility and 60-70 mph winds. The Peak to Peak was shut down, as was the top of the mountain for the duration of our visit. Pretty much a week of tree skiing and being extremely mindful of avalanche conditions.

If you want the thrill of a lifetime, take a couple Skeleton runs at the Whistler Sliding Centre. Coolest thing I've ever done. They will require you to wear a helmet though ;) 62mph with you face an inch from the ice !!!

View attachment 579631
That looks awesome. Thanks for that. I would definitely like to try that.

Back