• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie From Southern New Mexico

char1ieone

Oakley Beginner
Hello everybody, my name is Charlie and have been an Oakley fan since my first purchase of XX:FMJ 5.56 w/Ice Iridium lenses when they were exclusive to purchase only through the Oakley mail in catalog back in 2000. Hahahaha, how many of us remember those days? Ever since, I've purchased the X-Metal XX TiO2, Platinum Plates, Overthetops, Dartboards, etc., you know pairs that stood out from the bunch. Well unfortunately for me, and the many of us, the tightness of funds have kinda halted my continuation of collecting Oakleys, for the time being. So now after all these years, my glasses are beginning to show their age and use and now I am looking into restoring a few pairs to their previous luster that they once had, such as my Ice XX, Plates, and especially my XX X-Metals. What? I work outside, and travel around places so I use the hell out of my shades. It's kinda like my car, I didn't pay the amount that I did for it just to sit in the garage and be a garage queen, I enjoy it by driving it around unlike some other folks. Anyways, I wanted to say hello, that I am glad that there is a location for enthusiasts like myself to hang, and that I hope that I can get inputs from you folks on helping me with my restorations and search for particular parts.:cool:

You have landed in the right place. A lot of helpful members here and you will get lots of ideas and input on your restoration projects. Welcome from So Cal.

Latest Posts

Back