• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie - Herefordshire UK

Moto

Oakley Beginner
Hi All. I've owned my X Metal XX TiO2 from new. Sent them to Oakley to fit brand new BI lens which I included (they needed some grinding to fit) and they've lost them. Now looking to find a replacement pair preferably new or as close as possible. I've been on the X metal exchange forum but I can't post or reply as I have insufficient privilages? I can't find anything on the site to explain - can anyone help.
Thx Moto

Welcome. The rules for the exchange are posted above all the sale threads.. You need to be a paying member or have some useful posts and been registered here for a couple of weeks to sell and buy.
Oakley will probably offer you a coupon for a few hundred dollars/pounds to use on their site as a way to compensate you.. Sadly your frames are probably lost... :(

Welcome Moto.
Unfortunately I am afraid you'll probably not see your lenses again, although there is a small chance.

You'll have exchange access pretty soon, and then you'll be able to easily replace them!

;)

Thx for the feedback. Obviously didn't see what was right in front of me.

15 x useful posts - that might be a challenge anytime soon. Or £35 to be able to buy something - OK not sure about that either. Looks like ebay is best option for me then.

Re Oakley, yes very disappointed and even more so to hear that this seems to be a common problem.

Thx Moto

Thx for the feedback. Obviously didn't see what was right in front of me.

15 x useful posts - that might be a challenge anytime soon. Or £35 to be able to buy something - OK not sure about that either. Looks like ebay is best option for me then.

Re Oakley, yes very disappointed and even more so to hear that this seems to be a common problem.

Thx Moto

Not 35 quid, ...bucks..

Good news! Oakley found and returned my X-metals fitted with my new lenses. I took a formal (in writing) approach and documented everything which I think pressured them (reluctantly) into making an effort to look for them. And it worked because they then found them. I'm well relieved as when I looked at their current range I suddenly realised how their products have changed - and not for the better!

Moto

Latest Posts

Back