• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie "Juliet vs Romeo temple width comparison" question

grimm

Oakley Enthusiast
USA
I just got a Juliet on a trade and wore it over the weekend. It was not comfortable at all. First time I wore it, I skinned my temples (lol). So I wear it from the back to then slide the glasses down, like wearing goggles. I was feeling pressure at the side of my head where the rubbers are. I guess my question is, are the Romeos wider? I know it is physically larger but are they really wider? I have searched the forum but I can't find somebody measuring the width between the screws where the stem and the frame meet. I hope I make sense. Just for reference, I find the Pit Bulls very comfortable. Thanks all.

that is a good way to put metals on, especially with the romeo where excessive stress can cause problems.

what size temple shocks do you have installed? the lower the number the looser the fit. try a 15 to start with. people have even been known to trim 15's down for an even looser fit....
i am at work at the mo but will take the measurements when i get in, if nobody gets it done first....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Thanks mjt42. It is a Ducati Juliet. All the rubbers are red except for the nose. Everything that comes originally with it. I thought I was being silly by putting it on like a goggle because that was the only way I can put it on without skinning my temple area.

no - you are absolutely correct putting them on this way. if you get on ok with smaller t-shocks you could get some red ones from linegear...

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

@grimm they came with both the 15 and 25 shocks. It's embossed on the temple rubber. If it's a 25 that would explain it. I can barely put on a Juliet with 25 shocks.

There even tends to be variances frame to frame. My XS polished has a tighter fit than all of my other XS. That's with same rubbers on each frame.

Echoing the others, first thing is to check your t-shox size and swap to 15 if 25 are in there.

Regarding the R1, I haven't taken any measurements but I'd say they are wider. This is mainly from feel, but also R1s came with thicker t-shox, 25 & 50 IIRC, presumably to compensate for the wider fit. But R1 t-shox are the same design as Juliet and interchangeable; you can put 15 in R1 if needed.

Yes the goggle on/off method is best for x-metals not just from a comfort perspective but it helps keep the nosebridge from wearing out as quickly and, on R1, helps prevent the spider cracks on the lenses.

Whew, now I feel better, I just didn't want to be "that weird guy" when putting it on "backwards". It has 15 on right now, so I guess it is just not for me (sigh). I got looks though when wearing it since they do look unique. A couple of high school kids even asked me what they were. For me, it is night and day difference in comfort compared to the Pit Bull and Monster Dog. I don't want to give up on x-metals as of yet. This is addicting!

I have a couple that X Man tightened the nose bridge on. They are really tight on me even with the 15s just because the nose bridge is so tight. That could be part of the issue too if it's a really tight pair.

The person I got it from said he never wore it, just not his style. Yes, the nose bridge has no movement only when it try to twist it. Right now, it kinda feels like I have a hose clamp on my head when wearing it.

Back