• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie Looking For More Resources

Thumper13

Oakley Beginner
Hello All,

I've been a fan of Oakley sunglasses for a while but because I wear prescription glasses the cost of purchasing a prescription pair has hindered me (it usually ends up more that $600 Can). While purchasing glasses for my daughter, the Store Manager saw me admiring a pair of Split Jackets and offered me a great deal in combination with my work eye-care coverage.

So yay, I'm getting a pair of black Split Jackets!

Now my OCD is taking over and I'm looking for ways of customizing. Of course, I find out the the Split Jacket has been discontinued and parts are no longer being made.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good place online where I can get Split Jacket frames?

Also, in anticipation for the future, I may be interested in the Racing Jacket. Does anyone know a place online where you can order prescription Oakley's for a good price?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Damn!

Paid $80 to get my prescription upgraded and went to the store to order my Split Jacket.
I notice that one of the rubber ear pieces are missing. I tell the optitian and they say "oh we get a new pair from Oakley".
Oh good I say. Is it a problem that the Split Jacket has been been discontinued?
They check and sure enough, they can't get any it in.

Plus they don't special order so I can't get Racing Jackets or Pit Boss.

I'm out of luck...

Last edited:
The store wouldn't sell me the display pair. Because it was considered a "medical device" (prescription glasses) they weren't allowed to sell me the "defective" frames. I had the same idea of buying the display pair with the missing ear sock and replacing it myself.

It looks easy enough to buy the frames but how do I get a prescription lens made for it?

Latest Posts

Back