• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie Questions

@cyclerdoug and @kronin323 thanks for responses.
I already checked the chart :) The ruby is 14% which seems good vs very bright light.
Regarding neutral or contrast, I really don't have a preference since I have not been using sunglasses so much and its my fault, I feel my eyes are getting damaged.
But yeah, I guess I need to wear some to test it out prior to buying and how i "feel" about them..

@cyclerdoug and @kronin323 thanks for responses.
I already checked the chart :) The ruby is 14% which seems good vs very bright light.
Regarding neutral or contrast, I really don't have a preference since I have not been using sunglasses so much and its my fault, I feel my eyes are getting damaged.
But yeah, I guess I need to wear some to test it out prior to buying and how i "feel" about them..

When you go to the store, ask to try out black iridium polar, VR28 black iridium polar, and Prizm Daily polar in addition to Ruby. Those three aren't particularly flashy in comparison but it should give you a pretty good sampling of neutral vs. contrast options.

So I went to the store, there were almost no metals, unfortunately carbon blade ones I wanted were small for my head :(
Tried different variations and these are the ones I liked: Badman,Sliver,Fuel Cell.
I really liked the style and feel of Badman and I'm probably going to go with these ones :)
Regarding lenses, I tried only 2-3 Black Iridium Polarized,Ruby Iridium Polarized and Sappire.
I really liked the bluish of Ruby Iridium polarized however badman does not come in these ones... is it possible to change the lenses?
At the store they told me they don't do it for 5 years already, do they do it in US stores?

Don't post threads like this, you'll end up getting it locked. Trust me, I speak from experience :)

@BeccaBear They look the same as Fuel Cells, a bit bigger.
I think I finally set my mind on bad ass Badman :)
I would love to hear some advice regarding lenses though. There is dark carbon ruby iridium 6020-03 badman which I found in the store.
Wish there was Ferrari edition 6020-03 :(
What is the difference between 6020-01 which are dark carbon black iridium polarized and 6020-07 badman ferrari black iridium polarized ?
Seems like the lenses are different or its just the picture light affecting ?

Thanks in advance :)

I would love to hear some advice regarding lenses though. There is dark carbon ruby iridium 6020-03 badman which I found in the store.
What is the difference between 6020-01 which are dark carbon black iridium polarized and 6020-07 badman ferrari black iridium polarized ?

Don't you like the daily prizms? That's what I'm getting :) so you just know they've got to be good!

The -07 is the Ferrari frame. The lenses are IDENTICAL

@OakleyFrankFMJ thanks :) I forgot to mention that I saw the difference on Oakley website heh.
@BeccaBear I checked a review on daily prizms and did not like what I saw.
Thanks everyone, I think I narrowed it down to 6020-03 or 6020-07 :)
Time to go to the shoppppp!

@OakleyFrankFMJ thanks :) I forgot to mention that I saw the difference on Oakley website heh.
@BeccaBear I checked a review on daily prizms and did not like what I saw.
Thanks everyone, I think I narrowed it down to 6020-03 or 6020-07 :)
Time to go to the shoppppp!

What review did you see on daily prizms? Link me please :) ordering daily prizms this worries me slightly lol

Back