• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie Seeks Advice, HalfJacket And FlakJacket XLJ

18pcs

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone. I was introduced to Oakleys by a very enthu saleman who convinced me to go in for Oakleys rather than Raybans.
The two pairs he showed me were as follows

Half Jacket XLJ with Hi Intensity Yellow Iridium Polarized lenses (He insisted the new yellow Iridium were Polarized though I could not find this info on the website ) - For night driving and driving in Europe when the roads were wet . he also said the Yellow iridium could also be worn in very bright conditions also as they were polarized.

Flak Jacket XLJ Transitions for General wear.

My question is could I wear the Halfjackets with Yellow Iridium lenses in very bright sunny conditions like Dubai ?

Do the transitions darken enought to be able to wear in very sunny conditions ? All advice highly appreciated.

Hmmmmm,.... Pick the frame you like the most with the transitions lenses (since they are not offered separate) then buy the H.I. yellow for that frame. I personally wouldn't use HI yellow as a daily lens in sunny conditions. I am not a big fan of transitions, they are not dark enough for me..... As far as I know, HI yellow lenses were not offered in a polarized version......Persimmon is also a nice night driving lens option also

Hmmmmm,.... Pick the frame you like the most with the transitions lenses (since they are not offered separate) then buy the H.I. yellow for that frame. I personally wouldn't use HI yellow as a daily lens in sunny conditions. I am not a big fan of transitions, they are not dark enough for me..... As far as I know, HI yellow lenses were not offered in a polarized version......Persimmon is also a nice night driving lens option also

Thank you for your reply. The Flakjacket XLJ frame fits a bit tight, do you think it will get loose and comfortable after a few days of wearing. The Halfjacket with the Yellow lenses fit very well. There is a pair of HalfJacket XLJ with Black Iridium lenses also being offered very cheap, maybe get these for the DUbai sun ?

Go for the Half Jacket if that fits you well from the start. The Flak won't loosen up that much over time. I know because i have both and wear both regularly.

Well I went back to the store and checked all the frames avlbl and bought a Flak Jacket XLJ Grey Smoke with Clear Black Iridium Transition lenses.
Lets see how they work out. Can always buy spare lenses for this frame if needed.

Back