• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

NHRA 4Wide Nationals @ ZMax Dragway

Hey Frank. I was great to meet you on Saturday also. I missed you on my second trip around, you were busy and I don't want to interrupt. I hope to see you again in September for the Carolina Nationals.
Sorry about that. I usually try not to be too busy. ;)
I plan on being there in September! :)

Frank, I'm sure you've answered this somewhere else before but I must have missed it- What is it that you do at these events?

Frank, I'm sure you've answered this somewhere else before but I must have missed it- What is it that you do at these events?
I've actually never answered it here.

My main purpose for going to the events is to enjoy the drag racing. The rest of my time is spent hanging out with the Rolling O crew and enjoying the company of those cool people......it's more like family now and we have a blast the whole time I spend with them.. I have also been known to assist in spreading the love of the product to would be purchasers.

I usually spend around 4 days at each event I go to.......there really is a lot more to it but that pretty much sums it up.

OH.....and most importantly......I buy A LOT of Oakleys at each event.......not counting the stuff I buy when i'm not with them. ;)

I've actually never answered it here.

My main purpose for going to the events is to enjoy the drag racing. The rest of my time is spent hanging out with the Rolling O crew and enjoying the company of those cool people......it's more like family now and we have a blast the whole time I spend with them.. I have also been known to assist in spreading the love of the product to would be purchasers.

I usually spend around 4 days at each event I go to.......there really is a lot more to it but that pretty much sums it up.

OH.....and most importantly......I buy A LOT of Oakleys at each event.......not counting the stuff I buy when i'm not with them. ;)
That makes sense. I've never bothered to ask what you do for a living so I thought maybe you were a driver or something.

I'm working on that too. ;)
I LOVE to go fast. I spend quite a bit of time close to or above 200MPH.
I've only been over 200 once, and I wasn't driving. Was riding with my grandpa years ago in a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS-R. Was an actual GT racer that a friend of his let us "borrow" for a little bit. Amazingly fast and beautiful car, and ridiculous to go that fast as a passenger.

I've only been over 200 once, and I wasn't driving. Was riding with my grandpa years ago in a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS-R. Was an actual GT racer that a friend of his let us "borrow" for a little bit. Amazingly fast and beautiful car, and ridiculous to go that fast as a passenger.
I probably wouldn't like being passenger.....I have a couple of rides that easily break 200 and I'm not afraid to use them......both 2 wheels and 4. Fun as anything can be. :)

Thanks for the info.,. Was really hoping he was messing with me. I was surprised how busy they were selling oakleys. At MSRP! I love drag racing and actually met some friends down at Atlanta Dragway the Saturday before to watch them run NMRA NMCA races. I drag race and do track days at a few southeast venues. I have run upwards of 180+ but have no speedo healer to be truly accurate . Road Atlanta backstretch makes me pucker every time I hit the brake markers before 10a. I only trap 149-155 running the 1/4 mile with no stretch and stock height on my 1000rr. Plenty enough for me :)
On a side, one of my boys were wearing gold/black TLD Jupiter Squares and my youngest was wearing custom dipped half jackets. Both in Oakley hats and NMRA t shirts. Let me know where you will be next!

Thanks for the info.,. Was really hoping he was messing with me. I was surprised how busy they were selling oakleys. At MSRP! I love drag racing and actually met some friends down at Atlanta Dragway the Saturday before to watch them run NMRA NMCA races. I drag race and do track days at a few southeast venues. I have run upwards of 180+ but have no speedo healer to be truly accurate . Road Atlanta backstretch makes me pucker every time I hit the brake markers before 10a. I only trap 149-155 running the 1/4 mile with no stretch and stock height on my 1000rr. Plenty enough for me :)
On a side, one of my boys were wearing gold/black TLD Jupiter Squares and my youngest was wearing custom dipped half jackets. Both in Oakley hats and NMRA t shirts. Let me know where you will be next!
If I was standing there I probably would have noticed your boys.

I'll be hitting Englishtown next it looks like.

Watched some qualifying today at Spring Nationals in Baytown, TX.
re3utu2e.jpg

u3yje3u5.jpg

bebuzuru.jpg

Back