• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night Driving Lenses

Twitch

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys I get migraines a lot so I wear my Oakleys even on days when it's cloudy. On migraine days when the light is hurting my head, polarized and dark is what I wear. I need something at night to cut the glare from oncoming traffic.

What lenses do y'all think would cut the glare from oncoming cars but not be to dark for night driving?

Last edited:
I've been using HI Yellow from Walleva in both Flak Jacket and Fast Jacket every night on my hour commute for the last 6 months. I think it's definitely helped with the glare from headlights, wet roads, and sign reflection.

Are there any kind of laws regarding LT% when driving at night? You'd think that if an accident were to occur someone would attempt to call you out on questionable eyewear decisions if they noticed you wearing it.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with the use of an appropriate lens to deal with glare (I would do the same), but I'm thinking darker than the yellows when driving would put you in a hot seat.

Last edited:
I use black violet iridium.. :)

5yjy6u2e.jpg

They work very well at reducing glare :)

Are there any kind of laws regarding LT% when driving at night? You'd think that if an accident were to occur someone would attempt to call you out on questionable eyewear decisions if they noticed you wearing it.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with the use of an appropriate lens to deal with glare (I would do the same), but I'm thinking darker than the yellows when driving would put you in a hot seat.

In the uk there is an exact limit on the lens you can use, as with window tint - Tinted vehicle windows: the law - GOV.UK

I've noticed the same thing on some lenses when looking at artificial lighting, with Fire Iridium. Some do and some don't. Some of my gold iridium does and older gold iridium doesn't.

The black violet is perfect for night driving though. No ghosting at all

Yellow. HI Yellow, Persimmon, HI Persimmon.
I know the light transmission numbers, but in your opinion, how much noticeable difference is there at night between Yellow and Persimmon? I've been using Walleva Yellow for Fast Jackets, but considering going to OEM Persimmon. Thanks.

Back