• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night Driving Lenses

You might want to try Gold Clear Iridium or even Titanium Clear Iridium.

FYI- Teaspoons are very small, even the lenses on the Why 3 will be small compared to what is out there right now.

I've been trying to find a pair of why 3 or anything with the black violet iridium. It's been tough. The why 3s on eBay go for way to high for me, some around 300. I found a pair of teaspoons with the BVI but I'm not wearing girls sunglasses. Not even by myself alone in the dark in my truck lol.

I have seen two pairs come up in the last few months, one of which I purchased.

Persimmon is not dark enough for very sunny direct sunlight. Persimmon is like looking thru orange in high definition, so its wonderful for flat light, cloudy, seeing black ice in the winter (its similar to a ski goggle lens), but it makes everything look brighter, so i would not want to look into bright sunlight with it.

Persimmon is not dark enough for very sunny direct sunlight. Persimmon is like looking thru orange in high definition, so its wonderful for flat light, cloudy, seeing black ice in the winter (its similar to a ski goggle lens), but it makes everything look brighter, so i would not want to look into bright sunlight with it.

thanks for the reply

any idea whether there is a lense that dark enough for the sunny day and clear enough for night motorcycle riding?

thanks for the reply

any idea whether there is a lense that dark enough for the sunny day and clear enough for night motorcycle riding?
Those are contradictory environments. A photochromic lens could work for you, but it needs UV light to work so it doesn't darken inside a car.

Most of Oakley's sports glasses offer quick change ability for lenses. Get a dark lens, a medium lens, and a light lens. Throw a case in your saddle bag to hold the spares, switch as needed.

Latest Posts

Back