• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No acknowledgment of Oakley kit @ a Vault?

I had my polished Juliet on in a vault in Maine and they were noticed guy went on talking about Oakley history on xmetal and saying he wanted to bug a c six. (Who doesn’t) also had Juliets noticed in o store in Indiana.

Last edited:
If a twenty-something kid is working in a surf shop or in an Oakley store, he probably doesn't want to be there 😆😆

if a thirty-something adult is working in a surf shop or in an Oakley store, then they haven't made the right decisions in life...

Unless they own the shop on Malibu beach front of course!! 🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏻‍♂️

Good to see the variety of responses everyone has gotten around the country.

I wasn’t expecting confetti and a marching band welcoming me into the store. On the other hand I didn’t expect one of the more iconic frames to not get a response.

Like members said, it’s a retail store, with hourly workers working, some care (great to see!), some don’t.

Love @Jimbabwe idea of rocking the OTT’s next trip in :)

Is this a common thing, or more so localized?

Last several times I’ve gone into my local Vault(s), ( I always have a Oakley Watch & some type of X Metal frame on) and there is no acknowledgment of the Oakley gear being worn.

In fact thinking on this, I can think of only 1 time any Oakley Vault worker recognized/acknowledged, in Boston. (And that was wearing XX 24k’s with a MM).

Had these on today....

View attachment 778993
I've been in several Vault stores but the only one that's consistent about recognition is the one in Williamsburg Virginia. The guys and girls there never miss an opportunity to talk about what you're wearing. I was in there a few weeks ago before moving to Michigan and the guy there remembered me wearing my over the tops roughly three years earlier which was the last time I had been there.

Was wearing my mm and a pair of pit bosses. Was complimented by someone working there on my Minute Man and Pit Bulls. The other dude working there was like, “it’s minute machine and pit boss!”

Before I sold my root beer pitboss 1 I was wearing them to the Orlando store in the Florida mall and the optometrist there commented on mine and brought a pair of his own with custom lenses, and then gave me his card to offer me to help cut lenses for me If I needed, was a super nice guy and had a good talk about old Oakley’s for about an hour

Before I sold my root beer pitboss 1 I was wearing them to the Orlando store in the Florida mall and the optometrist there commented on mine and brought a pair of his own with custom lenses, and then gave me his card to offer me to help cut lenses for me If I needed, was a super nice guy and had a good talk about old Oakley’s for about an hour
When was this? Only guy there ive talked to only wanted to buy my original Star Wars stuff.

I always get asked about my Juliet's and XS's when I hit the local vault. Most of the younger kids will ask what they are. I wore a pair of PB2's in there a week or two ago and nobody said a word about them.

The manager is a little older then the sales guys (around 30) and we will always talk Oakley for a few minutes. It seems like he visits HQ every 6 months so and we will talk about some of the cool stuff he seen or did.

Back