• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No love for M2?

Zap5504 these m2 were regular pairs I bought on eBay for super cheap, then gave them to Dr. Chop to paint them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M Frame was so good, that any subsequent release had to be functionally and practically better.
That's tough, and the M2 isn't really either of those.
I've two New M Frames, and a Radar.
There just isn't any pressing reason to want an M2, (unless you're talking @dr.chop beauties there...)

Last edited:
I have an M2 XL and love it. It took over the majority of my cycling usage from RadarLock XLs. I still race in my Mag M-Frame/Heater lens, but almost all of my triathlon training has been in the M2 XL.
I don't care for the way the Jawbreakers or Radar EV look. I have one of each because I'm a sucker. Just my opinion.

I have an M2 XL and love it. It took over the majority of my cycling usage from RadarLock XLs. I still race in my Mag M-Frame/Heater lens, but almost all of my triathlon training has been in the M2 XL.
I don't care for the way the Jawbreakers or Radar EV look. I have one of each because I'm a sucker. Just my opinion.

Any fogging/venting issues with the M2 XL? I'm waiting for my M2 XL with fire iridium lens to come in; will use it for some cycling as well.

Any fogging/venting issues with the M2 XL? I'm waiting for my M2 XL with fire iridium lens to come in; will use it for some cycling as well.
I haven't had any issues. I've been wearing them for about 2 months for brick training (long bike then run, or vice versa) and typically a few times per week during work while in the field (construction superintendent).

The only time I've had them fog up is when it's very humid outside and I have them in the trailer with me during lunch break. I sweat a lot and they haven't given me problems.

I'm impatiently waiting for my custom m2s. They were supposed to be here tomorrow but the delivery date got pushed back to next Tuesday.

I think it's perceived as very "90s" in look. Regardless of performance or use, most people DO care about the look of a sport frame. I happen to like the look and it takes me back to things like seeing David Duvall rocking them on the greens. I guess on the bright side it's driven prices down- like you can get the Positive Red M2 for $78 shipped today off 6pm- that's below half of sticker pre tax retail

The M Frame was so good, that any subsequent release had to be functionally and practically better.
That's tough, and the M2 isn't really either of those.
I've two New M Frames, and a Radar.
There just isn't any pressing reason to want an M2, (unless you're talking @dr.chop beauties there...)

I agree with Flyer...
last gens M frame and especially PRO M frames were so good....fit so tight on your head,just perfect sculpture also very beautiful surfacing ,so clean and refined...
that the M2 looks like chinese copy :/ its sad they didnt try to make a M2 as a decent replacement,and also as someone mentioned here there was no marketing ....
I still feel PRO M and Racing jackets were so advanced with no hinge design and for professional athletes very cool option....I wish they could make so ultimate pair of sports shades these days at Oakley,it was pure performance ...
well you never know they may release improved version of M2, but it seems these days sports frames getting more complex design(jawbreaker/radarlock) and with so many elements frame is no so stiff,also what the M frames used to wrap around more because longer stems,these days oakleys are more on styling and many elements,which doesnt help....in my opinion the new Zero EV shows cool way to make more simple but still radical approach without making the stems too complex out of 10 plastic pieces :)

I had a pair, lost them....dammit but I loved them. Really wish they would make different lenses for them besides the regular and XL, I went back to the M frame for now.

I'm impatiently waiting for my custom m2s. They were supposed to be here tomorrow but the delivery date got pushed back to next Tuesday.

Should post a picture once they arrive :)

I agree with Flyer...
last gens M frame and especially PRO M frames were so good....fit so tight on your head,just perfect sculpture also very beautiful surfacing ,so clean and refined...

I have never owned a M frame so I can't really comment on that, but based on the legends, they were worth the hype. I customized my new m2 with matte black finish with gunmetal icon hoping to recapture some of the "smoothness" of the original M frame. I agree that the stock options are kinda bleh.

Interesting that athletes don't use M2 frame as much though. You would think they like minimal frame (light weight) and the shield lens or it could simply because of the large marketing on the EV/Jaw/Flak nowadays.

They just happen to fit me like a glove.

Back