• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No love for M2?

I feel like M2 is being overshadowed by Radar, Flak or Jawbreaker. Are they really that bad?
M2 is meh
You won't find much love for the M2 here.
There just isn't any pressing reason to want an M2

IMG_20160715_183147933.jpg

you're all dead wrong

Don't get it twisted, I liked the M2, just liked other stuff better. And you look awesome in yours!

The best frame is the one that fits an individuals face... so rather than one frame being "superior" to another its really what fits your skull shape the best.
I've tried Radar and Jawbreaker and some other sports lens. They all pinch the back of my head uncomfortably, the M2 does not, its a snug fit.
I really enjoy the full coverage of the XL in Prizm Daily

The best frame is the one that fits an individuals face... so rather than one frame being "superior" to another its really what fits your skull shape the best.
I really enjoy the full coverage of the XL in Prizm Daily

When the thread is title "No Love...", one will compare frames and superiority is subjective, as you have stated. And the OP asked whether the M2 is that bad. Some of us raved about the frame and few of us gave dry clinical replies, but there was nothing overwhelmingly negative said about the frame.

With me, I've never tried an M Frame, so the M2 was my first proper introduction to an athletic frame. I've tried the Radar, but only the Range lens works wonderfully for that line. For me Jawbreaker fits me best and they have some wild customs for it.

I'm glad there are M2 lovers in the woodwork. More power to yall.

Sent from Q's Note5

When the thread is title "No Love...", one will compare frames and superiority is subjective, as you have stated. And the OP asked whether the M2 is that bad. Some of us raved about the frame and few of us gave dry clinical replies, but there was nothing overwhelmingly negative said about the frame.

Agreed that superiority is subject to personal preference. I started the post hoping to get some opinions/spark a healthy convo about M2's since they don't seem to be mentioned half as much as the other sports frames. I am quite happy with the inputs so far and I think it's never a bad thing to compare the features/aesthetics with the other frames. Also great to see the M2 lovers out there!

Seems like most people don't like the M2 mainly because they look boring, but that, of course, is subject to personal preference again ;)

I agree that customizing can make the M2 very cool pair....I saw one chzech pro cyclist racing for BORA pro tour team racing time trial with polished black/black iridium M2 but never seen any other athletes with m2...so sad....
the original PRO M was truly legendary....also finishes like fmj and polished alu were much more premium....M2 look bit cheap....
but when dr chop could make it polished chrome or any other cool paint they can be kickass.....
i agree with you about athletes like minimalistic eywear....last MTB worldcup in XC Absalon and kulhavy and many other riders rode EV ZERO i was surprised how many guys had them....i think only shurter had jawbreakers

i agree with you about athletes like minimalistic eywear....last MTB worldcup in XC Absalon and kulhavy and many other riders rode EV ZERO i was surprised how many guys had them....i think only shurter had jawbreakers

I could probably get hate on for this, but personally I don't find the EV ZERO half as good looking as M2. I think they're probably the least attractive current sports frame. They also looks flimsy but I feel like they get the spotlight probably because of sponsorship/marketing reasons. I could be wrong since I never own a pair.

Moral of the story: The M cannot be usurped.

I've lost that loving feeling with the Alphas. I sold my M2. I have a few classic pairs kicking around, but they don't really get worn. M Frame 3.0 is a daily pair for work, and the New and Pro are in regular rotation.

The only thing I'd like to do is get a blackout Pro frame to replace one I sold a few years back. And stock up on lenses to keep me set for the next 50 years.

Back